NDIS.SYS DRIVER PROBLEM

edited February 2008 in Science & Tech
I have ibm thinkpad t30, it staretd last week, blue screen came on with windows stop error and it said on the bottom dumping physical memory
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
and then system rebooted. It was ok for a week now every time system comes out of stand by mode, the blue screen comes up and system reboots. I did a lot of reading, i updated my video and network drivers, i also switch my ram around, no luck still same error. If i rename the ndis.sys driver would that cause problems?

here is more details:
STOP: 0x000000d1(0xFF88A6AC, 0X00000002,0X00000001, 0XF90BDED0)
NDIS.SYS-ADDRESS F90BDED0 base at f90ba000, datestamp 41107ec3

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited February 2008
    Update your network driver and run the winsock fix.

The following are likely your drivers

Intel Pro Networking

Intel Pro Wifi
  • edited February 2008
    Thanx for a quick reply, i'll run it as soon as i get home.
  • edited February 2008
    Ij ust read description for winsock.fix and it says to use it as a last resort if you have limited or no connectivity with internet. I have no problem connecting to internet, my laptop has built in wireless card. As a matter of fact everything works perfect exept rebootong issue. Just want to make sure that this fix applies to my problem.
    edited February 2008
    Ij ust read description for winsock.fix and it says to use it as a last resort if you have limited or no connectivity with internet. I have no problem connecting to internet, my laptop has built in wireless card. As a matter of fact everything works perfect exept rebootong issue. Just want to make sure that this fix applies to my problem.
    The winsock fix reverts windows ip stack back to defaults. (Excluding LSPS).

If your having a NDIS issue it might resolve it, That why I recommended you run it as well.
  • edited February 2008
    got it
  • edited February 2008
    got it

i tryed to run wisock.fix i get an error "not valid system 32 application"
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Download is corrupt. Get it from another location.
  • edited February 2008
    ok, got it from a new source, testing it now, thank you
  • edited February 2008
    ok, i updated bios, embedded controller, all drivers, did all windows critical updates, ran winsock.fix, no luck still blue screen and same error.
    I spent 3 hours today searching for an answer on google, nothing new.
    Any ideas?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Have you tested your RAM for malfunction? Do you need some links on how to do that? :)
  • edited February 2008
    I have 2 rams , i tryed to switch them around, i also took them out and put in one at the time.Yes, please let me know how to test them
  • edited February 2008
    can i get the link please
  • Byron172Byron172 Adelaide, South Australia Member
    edited February 2008
    Try MemTest86 at this link - http://www.memtest.org/
    Ensure you read the instructions,
    You will need to create a boot disk and then set up your BIOS boot setup to boot from that disk. There may be others that operate in the Windows Environment but this is the one I personally use.
  • edited February 2008
    I found a ram test utility yesterday, i ran it for 2 hours, didnt show any errors
  • edited February 2008
    Any other sugestions?
    edited February 2008
    Run seatools for dos the file might be sitting on a bad logic block. If it comes up as good then run chkdsk /r in windows from cmd (Start>run>cmd>chkdsk /r), If your still having the same problem the only think I can think of is format and reload.
  • edited February 2008
    I think my problem is Wifi related, i noticed today that error comes up as soon as laptop connects to wifi. You provided a link earlier to Intel pro for wifi driver, how can i tell if that's the one for my laptop? I have Ibm ThinkPad T30 model 2366-85U. Also if that's the one, how do i install the driver?