Fitness Updates?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Fitness
This section hasn't seen much activity lately! Who's still on board the fitness train? :bigggrin:

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2008
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Me!

Can now do my morning 40-45 minute workout without feeling like I am about to die after it. Not reached a comfortable place yet and it's still pretty tough. Going everyday (with the odd day off at a weekend for my body to recover) is really helping. I am also doing weights on opposing days and a full longer workout on a sunday. It's been tough going to get started but I now in the frame of mind to do it and it's part of my daily routine (I go first thing in the morning before work).

I have started fitting clothes again and definitely more lively again too! :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    That's great news, Dan! Keep up the good work. Like you said, just getting there and making a habit of it is absolutely key.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    When I first started (as specially as I am doing a lot of CV work).. 10 minutes on the bike basically killed me.. and that was only at about 70RPM.

Now, 15 minutes on the bike is just a warm up and that's hitting 100RPM pretty much solidly. I do warm up first for a couple of minutes at a steady 60 through to 80 and then go for it. Then the rower on 500m intervals, followed by cross-trainer and weights.

I am really feeling the benefit and already seeing results. I have no intention of sloping this off as I really want to see what I can do by the summer. Oh yeah baby :cool:
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'm two months in and still going pretty strong. The wife and I both hit the gym 3 times per week, one of those sessions with a trainer. I've put on 5 pounds (I'm trying to gain 15) and have tons more energy. We are both gaining some muscle definition which is great :D
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Still going, currently on a cut. I hit 170# in the last week of January and have been on a short cut since. I now weigh 164.5 and have taken my bodyfat from 14% to 10%, with no decrease in strength. The food is boring though, eggs, chicken, protein shake, chicken, cottage cheese, protein shake, vegetables. I've a very limited amount of carbs right now.

Yesterday I missed an attempt at 385# deadlift is most likely around ~375# which is up another ten pounds from earlier this month, and seventy pounds since September.

This Friday though I'm going to be taking a forced week off since it's spring break and won't have access to a gym. It'll be good though, I've not taken a full break in about five months now. Typically on my breaks I'll keep my protein intake high, but otherwise I detox and eat whatever. After break I'll decide if I want to keep cutting or gain more weight again.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Well, I'm definately trying to get to the gym as often as possible, and trying to eat healthy, but I'm not satisfied with my own effort. Still trying to hang in there, though.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Total fail! :)
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited February 2008
    I'm just maintaining for the time being but I'm droppin' a little weight anyway. I'm down to about 203-205 from about 230 a few months back when I finished bulking and started cutting. I've lost almost no strength in the process. I lift 4x a week and run 3x a week.

Doing HIIT 3x a week has been nice, got in a brief footchase last night and its definitely easier to run with 30lbs of gear if you're used to running.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    LawnMM wrote:
    I'm just maintaining for the time being but I'm droppin' a little weight anyway. I'm down to about 203-205 from about 230 a few months back when I finished bulking and started cutting. I've lost almost no strength in the process. I lift 4x a week and run 3x a week.

Doing HIIT 3x a week has been nice, got in a brief footchase last night and its definitely easier to run with 30lbs of gear if you're used to running.

Are you doing two on, one off, two on, weekend off for your weight routine?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2008
    run 1.5-3 miles every day, or every other day

The nike + pedometer is awesome.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    whups, updating
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I have completely fallen off track, I just cannot bring a good sack lunch with me to work or get any workouts in. I have been doin 16+ hour days every day this week. I
    wake up at 6AM to get to a meeting point at 7AM wand work clear through 10 - 11PM to goto bed and start all over. Though I have still been loosing weight due to the work and sweat I am doing now ;)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2008
    Still hitting the weights myself. Been so busy with different things haven't had a chance to post any updated pictures. I have cut down on my bulk, haven't had much money to buy all the food I need so I have been maintaining my weight.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited February 2008
    Nomad wrote:
    Are you doing two on, one off, two on, weekend off for your weight routine?

I work nights, 10pm - 8am, Sunday through Wednesday so its very difficult, even with a 24hr Fitness membership to get in the gym during my work week.

I lift thurs/fri/sat/sun and I run on weds/fri/sat
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I haven't been posting in the fitness area, but I am very active in routine workouts. Weather permitting (this season, that hasn't been very often) I run about 3 miles about 4 days a week. Currently, since I can't do much running, I've been working on my upper body. Doing some weights and rigorous abs/pushups, and focusing mainly on my triceps because that's where I need the most muscular work. I've lost around 35-40 pounds in the last year since I began getting active. I'm currently 6 foot 7 and 200 pounds even. I was down to 195lbs, but I'm starting to gain muscle (which I've severely lacked for years.) Still going strong and the happiest I've ever been with myself!
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2008
    Good to hear Lynx. It is always nice to know you put the effort into getting your body into shape and really tell a difference. I have never been happier since I started lifting.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I'm proud of myself that I'm now swimming 1/4 mile everytime I get in the pool (three times per week right now). I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's more than I was doing last month. two of those three days, I do a circuit of the weight machines, although I've been a little less motivated to do the weight training since the gym moved all the machines around into an order that makes me have to hunt for the next machine instead of just stepping to the left. :P I've been skipping the butterfly press and the versital leg machines because they're not right in line, and they're the ones I like the least anyway... :/