Perfect pushup

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited March 2008 in Fitness
Anyone tried this device out? I have been looking at them for sometime now and finally got them today, only $20. I have always had a problem with pushups because my wrists would start to hurt after about 10 or so. But now, I have no problems at all. I can finally start doing more pushups without having to worry about any pain in my wrists, it's worth the $20 for me.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2008
    How smooth is the swivel?

I don't really see the point of doing pushups to work your chest but rather a better workout for the triceps. There are better work outs for the chest. When I do pushups my elbows/hands are in close to my body and hands meet my chest/nipple area in the down position. I think that works the triceps much better than opening up the stance with elbows out wide to try and work the chest. Although with hands and elbow in its quite a bit harder on the wrists.

And getting an ab working doing pushups like this is advertised for...come on. Thats just slighly better than a 12oz curl.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I would have just bought PVC pipe, but if it is more comfortable for your wrists, that's great.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited March 2008
    My room mate has them and they're awesome. They're very sturdy and well made. Quality wise I give them a 10/10 but they're a bit on the expensive side for what they do.

edit- guess they dropped in price from when he bought them.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I have them and they work as far as reducing joint stress. My shoulders used to hurt but they don't any more.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited March 2008
    The swivel is very smooth, the whole rotation is like butter. It really takes all the stress off of my wrists which is worth a whole lot more than the $20 I paid. I love doing push ups and pull ups myself, could do them all day. I had to stop doing skull crushers because of joint problems, so I'm not taking any risks. And plus it gives me something to do at home.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Clutch wrote:
    The swivel is very smooth, the whole rotation is like butter. It really takes all the stress off of my wrists which is worth a whole lot more than the $20 I paid. I love doing push ups and pull ups myself, could do them all day. I had to stop doing skull crushers because of joint problems, so I'm not taking any risks. And plus it gives me something to do at home.

Skull crushers, as well as leg extensions, are fairly common causes of joint aggravation.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I purchased a set when they dropped to $20 and I love it... I wasn't able to do many pushups because it caused me to have pain in my shoulder area but after this purchase I am able to do more without having to stop for this reason...