Small Firefox issue

MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
edited March 2008 in Science & Tech
I've been experiencing a problem with Firefox lately that I'm not sure is normal. It might just be, because FF is open most hours of the day on my computer, sometimes overnight. It's the memory footprint. It starts out fairly small - 30 megs or so with just Icrontic open, but then I start hitting other sites and it goes up fairly quickly until I notice it anywhere between 150-300 megs.

Just yesterday I saw it at a new record of 571 so now I'm here asking. It might be important to note that it never actually slows down, at least not to where I can notice it. I only have 1gb of ram.

Any insights?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2008
    TheGr81 wrote:
    I've been experiencing a problem with Firefox lately that I'm not sure is normal. It might just be, because FF is open most hours of the day on my computer, sometimes overnight. It's the memory footprint. It starts out fairly small - 30 megs or so with just Icrontic open, but then I start hitting other sites and it goes up fairly quickly until I notice it anywhere between 150-300 megs.

Just yesterday I saw it at a new record of 571 so now I'm here asking. It might be important to note that it never actually slows down, at least not to where I can notice it. I only have 1gb of ram.

Any insights?
    Firefox caches everything from the previous 5 pages you have viewed (Including images) in ram.

So when you start getting multiple tabs opened it can get a bit high up there.

If your not noticing it then ignore it.

edit: Btw its done to increase preformance.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    GrayFox wrote:
    edit: Btw its done to increase preformance.

Firefox performance, not system performance, right? :tongue:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2008
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2008
    Thanks much Kwitko!