My status in the game

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited March 2008 in Gaming
Well since Travian posts were spin-offed to their own thread, I didn't even know it existed for a few days and on top of that I use the "new posts" link that excludes milestones, spy ware and they just so happened to include Travian.

Well the status of my villages are that since the attack from that MyTh guy that wiped out all of my troops and then some, I've gone into isolationist mode. All my resources went into leveling my villages and training defensive troops and leveling their armour.

My capital currently produces:

Wood: 8445 per hour
Clay: 8723 per hour
Iron: 8723 per hour
Wheat: 4742 per hour

-25% from Travian Plus

Second village produces:

Wood: 3300 per hour
Clay: 4688 per hour
Iron: 2813 per hour
Wheat: 3676 per hour

Between both I have 3600 Phalanxes and 400 of assorted troops.

Now I don't have a third village because that's where my first question comes in. How did everyone else do it? Level to 10 the residency/palace of their second village or level to 20 their first residence/palace? Currently my second village's residency is at level 7 so I guess I should level that to 10.

Any suggestions as to where I should go from here?

Comments

• Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited March 2008
    the level 10 residence in 2nd village

its infinitely cheaper

and the outpost seems to be the place to go
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Get a residence in the second village to level 10- palace level 10-15 will cost more than a resicence 1-10 easily

I think the outpost is our new stronghold :tongue:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    What outpost? coordinates?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Check out Lady Jaye: -72|281. Spread out if you want oases. All my villages are taking 2.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    As stated before, raise the second residence to lvl10 and spawn from that. As for troops, that's a NICE start. 1.3 million worth of troops. I'm not sure where Keebler is but I'm at 1.6 million. I am guessing he's over 3 million worth. That puts us at 6 million between the three of us.

As for you primary village, you may want to eventually transfer the capital over to the outpost to be safe. Do you have a palace yet?
    edited March 2008
    Huh? Millions of what? Are you talking net resource value of the troops? I don't calculate that because I'm not using any scripts :-/
    edited March 2008
    No scripts... just using the spreadsheet and raw number of troops. And, yes, net resources. How much it cost to create them.
    edited March 2008
    Ah, well, I have over 5,500 Imperians. Mostly shifting to defensive troops until the outpost is running, now.

//edit: So, yus, 3.3 million just in offensive troops.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Are we gonna evacuate our current stronghold? A lot of our villages are there and I think my capital is the biggest one. Prime target for other alliances. Leave the troops there, transfer resources and start fresh at the new stronghold?
    edited March 2008
    SWEET... I was in the ball park then. ;)
    edited March 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Are we gonna evacuate our current stronghold? A lot of our villages are there and I think my capital is the biggest one. Prime target for other alliances. Leave the troops there, transfer resources and start fresh at the new stronghold?
    I would definitely lean in that direction. I can offer little-to-no assistance at the "powerbase" anymore. I don't see Godsend farming, but that doesn't mean he won't. Pity; but for him it would've worked out.
    edited March 2008
    Settlers ready at 17:30 AST.
    edited March 2008
    make sure they aren't killed...
    that seems to be a problem lately
    edited March 2008
    Found a 15 cropper but it's a bit farther from you guys. Should I take or is strengthening our base more important?
    edited March 2008
    Strengthen the outpost. With 3 or 4 of us already securing a 15-cropper, we need local troops and we sure cannot make them at a 15-cropper.
    edited March 2008
    Settlers sent but they'll be there tomorrow morning ;[
    edited March 2008
    Yeah... they are slow cart pullers. ;D
    edited March 2008
    Update:

Well since GodSend destroyed my second village, I forgot that I can train more settlers and start a new village. Should I create the village in our new stronghold, or go for that 15 cropper I found? I think I need to 15 cropper because if I have to evacuate my troops from my capital, my other village can't support their wheat consumption.
    edited March 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Update:

Well since GodSend destroyed my second village, I forgot that I can train more settlers and start a new village. Should I create the village in our new stronghold, or go for that 15 cropper I found? I think I need to 15 cropper because if I have to evacuate my troops from my capital, my other village can't support their wheat consumption.
    Why evacuate your capital? You can't transfer the troops. If he takes your village, the troops evaporate.

Whether to do the 15-cropper or move in with us is your choice, but consider how easily my 15-cropper was taken because I didn't have proper support established for it. They are becoming increasingly hot commodities, so you must be prepared to defend it.
    edited March 2008
    "Evacuate" as in move my troops during an incoming attack from GodSend but I see your point about it being hard to defend although it is located in the middle of nowhere (took me some time to find it), but I guess I'll try to find something closer to our base.
    edited March 2008
    I've had more luck finding 15 croppers than 9 croppers :-/

-Edit-

Found a 9 cropper but it's 10 squares away from our stronghold.
    edited March 2008
    Eh, sent settlers to a village in between the 9 cropper and our stronghold and next to a bunch of oasis. The residence in my capital is a level 15 going on 16 and I guess I'll have to wait to get it to 20 for that 9 cropper.
    edited March 2008
    what are your culture points like?
    thats the main limitation on growth, and a real pain.

also, residence level 20's take a LOT of resources, but i think you can manage that.
    and then settlers are trained in about 20 minutes each, so it's all good.

5 villages of my own now :)
    and by the time i have settlers again, i'll have enough culture points again.

and i found out about the 4 village rule, it's really just part of the old travian rules.
    it doesn't exist anymore, so villages can be conquered once you hit 2, except the capital, and the capital can be 0 pop'd and destroyed when you have 2 or more villages
    edited March 2008
    I currently have 20075 culture points.
    edited March 2008
    almost enough for 6 villages then, so you're ok.