Travian: Southern Suburbs

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Gaming
QCH2002 wrote:
I MIGHT even set a village down there to add some strength.

That is a great idea. Keebs needs one here too.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    i have 3 together. a 15c and 2 supporting villages.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    If you look at the map of the NW area... we have two areas, the outpost and the southern suburbs... The rest are scattered in the middle. We could piggy back resources down the chain so merchants aren't gone so long. Many of my villages now have 7000 capacity merchants. Why not have a southern presents.
    edited April 2008
    i have 3 together. a 15c and 2 supporting villages.
    That's a 15-cropper? We need that!!!! OK, that changes everything. We need to reinforce that place to keep it. If you became the storage point for southern troops, we could swing troops to any village quick. If you generated troops and we, legally, sent you everything we could in resources, THAT would be a vital southern strong point.

{Q goes looking for dead accounts down there to conquer...}
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Is my Falconers Village (-178 | 70) in an area you want to keep/grow/reinforce in?
    Should I keep upgrading to max it out defensively and look around for neighbors to convert?
  • edited April 2008
    ok ill also look around my area for people for you to conquer. shall i make my next village in the outpost or another village down south with these 3?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    That's a 15-cropper? We need that!!!!

I also have that 9 cropper nearby as well. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    For me to start a settlement in the south would be a significant undertaking, and it's one that I can't do yet. I'm building 6 villages at the same time right now, so even my absurd resource production is very strained.
    edited April 2008
    I didn't know that... This can be a good place then. A 15 and a 9-cropper at our disposal. SWEET.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    i wouldn't recommend coming too close to my 9c/15c, since it's fairly close to a natar spot that is claimed by Zero X, and a supporting Zero T-F powerbase almost next-door to the 9c :(

then again, if we want to supply Zero and become bestest friends, near my 15c and its support villages would be a good position i suppose

plus that general area is rich in croppers
    edited April 2008
    TBonZ, what's the situation at TF1/TF2? I could take Nomad Village...
    edited April 2008
    It's been very stable lately and have had no problems. We have a pretty good presense here and defending one another is worth the trouble locating a village in this area. There are some Zero and Myth in the area and other then Geckoboy cata'ng Potsy's 9 cropper weeks ago, I've had no incursions here. I have a decent enough relationship with xero of Zero which is also plus.

One thing that did surprise me as I hadn't looked at the map in a bit around TF1, xero lost a 9 cropper beside me to FemmeFatale of Leg at -185|12. She has like 30 villages, but this is the only village she has in the NW quadrant so I'm not so sure she is a serious threat to us. Any major attacks can be seen from a long time off. I'm going to message xero about what happened and report back.
    edited April 2008
    I was looking at the same thing. Say, get Nomad to make his other little village his capital... Then you get a 300 pop village.
    edited April 2008
    You can take a capital on speed server.
    edited April 2008
    really... I thought that was the one thing that remained true. Capital cannot be take. It CAN be leveled to a basic valley but not conquered.
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    really... I thought that was the one thing that remained true. Capital cannot be take. It CAN be leveled to a basic valley but not conquered.
    yeah, i'm pretty sure that's the rule, the capital is still immune to senators.

however, the loyalty CAN be lowered, it just doesn't achieve anything, and when it reaches 0 the report has a message saying 'you cannot conquer the capital' or something similar
  • edited April 2008
    Hi, just joined the alliance and found this thread interesting (being where my villages are based) and just thought I'd add that my 7x7 is made up of inactives except for 2 people (one of which is tooooom) any other info you want on the area?
    edited April 2008
    Hawk wrote:
    Is my Falconers Village (-178 | 70) in an area you want to keep/grow/reinforce in?
    Should I keep upgrading to max it out defensively and look around for neighbors to convert?

It's almost directly north of me and in line to the outpost. I would say it's important. How is your neighbors and such? Notice much activity?

Welcome to the team SV, good to have you. :)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:

seconded :bigggrin:
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited April 2008
    >.>
    <.<
    where am i again?
    >.<
    edited April 2008
    TBonZ, how much do you like Trillian? :range:
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:

You mean Trillian of Elite? Elite is the mother alliance to E.T.A, unfortunately.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    It's almost directly north of me and in line to the outpost. I would say it's important. How is your neighbors and such? Notice much activity?

It's been building up around me very fast. All oasis were taken before I could get to any of them.
    Zero X has taken over all Oasis available before I could even get to one..

Anyway here's the list of alliances surrounding me.
    ARRSE AF, Van BH, Zero2, [A], E&M, Zero X, FearRawR and a couple very small alliance guys.
    Zero2 & Zero X seem to be the heavies in this area.
    They have 15 0f the 27 villages in my 7X7 and they have all the oasis.

Gen-x-1 hit me for some resources when I was just a pup village.
    But, Neither he nor anyone else have attacked or farmed me since that small incursion in the beginning.
    Should I consider putting a second village in this area.
    Or move a few fields north to a safer area in line somewhere with the outpost?
  • edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:

FreeC8675 wrote:
    seconded :bigggrin:

Thanks, nice to be here :)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Ooopps,
    Scuze my manners there SillyViking.
    Welcome to the club.yupi3ti.gif
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:

You looking to conquer a Village in the 'burbs? How big would it have to be to be worth your while?

Oh, and welcome again SillyViking!
  • edited April 2008
    Lambo wrote:
    You looking to conquer a Village in the 'burbs?

Yeah come on down the 'burbs' could do with livening up a lil - all these sleeping farms have gotten boring :P
    edited April 2008
    Yeah Lambo. The bigger the better, but I'd like it to be 200+ pop; 350+ is optimal. The problem is it can't be a capital or in an alliance that can give me a rough time of it.
    edited April 2008
    Hawk wrote:
    Should I consider putting a second village in this area.
    Or move a few fields north to a safer area in line somewhere with the outpost?

In your case, no. I would move to the southern suburbs. You already have a few at the outpost. The outpost is the best bet for long term survival but the suburbs would be nice too. Skryking and chaoticmouse could use some company. -181|58 is a good iron rich valley 2 unclaimed iron oasis RIGHT next door. That would put you with 8 friendly villages, 6 neutral villages, and only one Zero guy. That might be a nice step. It's a bit south of Falconers Village but not too far south for you to send supplies to. It's like 25 squares away.

-207|22 is not bad. It's 2 spot away from tttooommmy and not far from sillyviking. It's a 5 clay valley with a clay/wheat oasis unclaimed. Just thoughts...
  • edited April 2008
    Keebler, sure you already know about these, but (in case you dont) this util gives you all villages in whatever radius you choose and will sort them by many diff choices:
    http://travian-utils.com/en/?s=ukx&x=-199&y=16&r=10&act&sort=4&st=1
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited April 2008
    Had one for you too.....

http://speed.travian.co.uk/karte.php?d=315001&c=8c

... but he switched alliances yesterday :( !