F@H gone screwy, poss o/c probs?

JAZJAZ UK
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
Hiya's
Im having some probs with my F@H, the last few wu's havent given me (or the team) any points but they seem to have been sent in ok.
Take this morning, I finished a wu and it was sent ok (I think) but still no points added.
I have been diceing with folding addict for position the last week or so but he's shot ahead so Im certain somethings wrong, a few days ago I decided to take a stick of samsung ram out of my box and see how far I could push my fsb with a new stick of corsair platinum xms3500 but at only 200 fsb my ti2000 was going crazy showing the wrong colours etc so I decided to put my xp1800 back to 2.04ghz (as before) but I was getting random lockups even at stock speeds (I have a kx333-r) so I removed the corsair thinking that could be the problem but still the same lockups.
I seem to have sorted it though as its been running ok for the past 2 days 24/7 (aint put the xms3500 back yet but I dont think thats the cause)
The lockups seem to have wiped out a few of my part finished wu's though but I think it only affected the one I finished this morning and Im sure wu's I sent before i started messing with my o/c didnt credit me either.
Weird thing is my F@Hlog-Prev seems to have loadsa program text added to the bottom with references to the game "Enter the matrix" (which I do have installed and was got from bit-torrent for evaluation purposes)
My folding page says my last wu was from 2003-03-19 (?) and I have 0 active processors (?)
I have enclosed my f@h log files for you to look at as Im stumped as to the problem..

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Whoa yeah, did you install Enter the matrix in the same directory or something?

F : \ G a m e s \ M a t r i x \ s o u n d \ M e n u s \

That and a bunch of registry settings also in the prev log file.

Post your config fil also.

I would say delete everything and try again. Something got messed up.
  • JAZJAZ UK
    edited June 2003
    Ok cheers for the pointers fella's, I did virus scan the file before I posted it (came up clean in f-prot) and I really hope it was correct.
    I have renamed the logs and I'll let this wu finish to see what happens before I delete the lot, should I have all the cores that show in this piccy? Its running the FahCore_78 according to task manager.
    As you can see F@H is in its own folder on c: nowhere near that matrix poop.
    I've added my config but all it contains is this line of text.

[http]
    active=no

[settings]
    machineid=1
    local=4

If theres any thing else you need to know ask away, and I'll keep you updated with my next wu.
    thanks again :)
    fah.jpg
    edited June 2003
    JAZ said
    my config but all it contains is this line of text.

[http]
    active=no

[settings]
    machineid=1
    local=4

LOL. It doesnt know who to give the points too. No team, no member. HEHE. You should have OneJaz and 93 and loads more in there.

Restart the client with a shortcut to the .exe with -config after the target and reenter all our info.

c:\directory\ .exe -config
  • JAZJAZ UK
    edited June 2003
    doh!!!!
    :p
    Ok my config now says this =
    [http]
    active=no
    usereg=yes

[settings]
    machineid=1
    local=4
    username=OneJaz
    team=93
    asknet=no

So hopefully its all sorted out now and i can :fold: on
    :celebrate

Thanks for all the help John and mmonnin :thumbsup:
    I'll update this thread if I get any more problems with it but hopefully thats it, strange how it all went kaka there..
    grrr I was so close to jumping ahead of folding addict but I'll catch him up soon I hope :D
  • JAZJAZ UK
    edited June 2003
    Ok just a quick update I completed a wu overnight and looking at my folding stats I have now got 1 active processor and my points have increased so its all good now :thumbsup:
    edited June 2003
    Sound good. Glad I could get a folder back on track.:) Go get 'em tiger.