St Pauli Girl

MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
edited April 2008 in Food & Drink
Tonight, I'm having my first ever St Pauli Girl - Lager. While I'm certainly not an expert on beer taste, I find this one quite enjoyable.

Until my trip to Germany last year, I sustained from alcohol consumption for over 10 years. I have since decided a beer every now and then is not a bad thing.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Welcome to the club. :cheers:

The American Heart Association recommends a beer/glass of wine/shot of liquor a day for a healthy heart.

The benefits of drinking a beer a day
    Beer a day

"There are lots of potassium, magnesium, phosphorus in beer and it is excellent prophylaxis of myocardial infarction (heart attack), hypertension and heart failure. And nonalcoholic beer and dark beer of some brands could decreases the possibility of blood coagulability and thus decreases the risk of clots formation."

More info here: Live Longer

"The researchers found that a light intake of alcohol (on average less than one glass per day) was associated with a lower rate of cardiovascular death and death from all causes. When compared to spirits and beer, consumption of small amounts of wine, about a half a glass a day, was associated with the lowest levels of all-cause and cardiovascular deaths."
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    Welcome to the club. :cheers:

Welcome to the club :cheers:, membership dues are payable at the end
    of the month. :) Meeting are twice a month and they're at fatcat
    house :D They are BYOB ( bring your own beer) :beer:
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited April 2008
    If the meetings are at FC's house, I won't have too far to travel. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    lul, first the st. pauli girl, next thing you know he'll have an avatar that says "I SMELL LIKE STRIPPERS" ;D

oh... wait.... :eek3:

;D ^5