Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    why do you have to reconfigure the server, its just an admin command. I used to swap it around when I was admin for a server and they do it all the time on a Victor46 TF2 server I play on.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Cause we don't feel like it or care :p And we're lazy. And we don't know how.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I really like all-talk, especially for a server like ours where there are so many regulars who know each other.

just sayin
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I similarly enjoy all talk.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Prime and Keebs hate all talk. They won't use it.

I hate it also during the game. It's a good tool for in-game tactics discussion, and it becomes useless for that if it's an open channel. If we could set it to only turn on at select times, that would be like candy.

If it's not an option, however, then 'that's that', as they say...

It would be ideal to have two talk buttons: one for team and one for all, just like text chat. But if that was an option, the devs would have made it the default, and we'd see the button mapping in the options...
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    It would be ideal to have two talk buttons: one for team and one for all, just like text chat.

QFT

I HATE all-talk in game (comparable to scouts, almost) It would be sweet to talk some quick trash on voice and get back to the game.

Pipe dreams, everyone.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Hmm, it seems if everyone was in teamspeak...

But nobody uses that anymore I suppose.
    edited May 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Hmm, it seems if everyone was in teamspeak...

But nobody uses that anymore I suppose.

I have started running it every time I run TF2 again, but there were a few months there where I was too lazy to do so.
    edited May 2008
    If everyone is on Teamspeak we can browbeat each other through it and discuss team strategy though TF2's teamchat. Seems like problem solved to me.
    edited May 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    If everyone is on Teamspeak we can browbeat each other through it and discuss team strategy though TF2's teamchat. Seems like problem solved to me.

I agree. If we could get everyone back on TS I could tell you all to "eat crits and like it bitch", but still be able to strategize with my team.

I've been meaning to write a script that would launch TS and TF2 together so I don't have to remember, but I'm pretty lazy.

;)
    edited May 2008
    Also... I killed Weezer with a rocket jump last night, didn't even know he was behind me. It was glorious. :rockon:
    edited May 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:

This worked great for months, but since the beginning of the year, every time I logged on the TS, it was just Keebler, and when I tried to talk to him, he wasn't even really there (or he hates me, and was ignoring me :P ). I stopped trying altogether about two weeks ago.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    Also... I killed Weezer with a rocket jump last night, didn't even know he was behind me. It was glorious. :rockon:
    Hehe. I agree it was glorious.;)

I'm also not a big fan of teamspeak. It's only good for smack-talk.
    edited May 2008
    Thats what I noticed as well. We might as well use it though, isn't it a fee with our server?
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I've used TS sometimes with TF2, I just hate the program and there's rarely anyone on it.
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    You'd have to be quick because you only have like 9HP and one shot from that level one would send you to your grave.

The first sniper might be a problem though because he is right next to the engi. If he sees you stabbing the engineer and sapping all his crap, you cloak and jump of the edge.

If you have 9 HP and jump off the battlements won't you fall to a clumsy and painful death?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    oooh.... snow white in with cold, hard logic... Nice call :ninja:
    edited May 2008
    If you have 9 HP and jump off the battlements won't you fall to a clumsy and painful death?
    no not as spy. a spy can actually jump off and not get hurt. well, dont jump just fall. go ahead. try it.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    no not as spy. a spy can actually jump off and not get hurt. well, dont jump just fall. go ahead. try it.

Can't all classes fall off and not get hurt?:confused:

I sometimes check TS when I get on TF2. Usually no one is there, so i quit. I'll try to start leaving it open while I play.
    edited May 2008
    Can't all classes fall off and not get hurt?:confused:
    Yeah thats what i think. SnowWhite is just :crazy: crazy.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk
    is nostalgic of the times when TS was full of people :bawling:
    Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    is nostalgic of the times when TS was full of people :bawling:
    edited May 2008
    I'll start leaving it open again too. :)
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Yeah thats what i think. SnowWhite is just :crazy: crazy.

I was implying that spy is a weak and useless class and takes damage where real classes don't.

But seriously, I think maybe if you fall you're fine, but if you JUMP (as you stated), you can take damage. I know I've taken damage as a scout the few times I've missed that jump :\

NOT CRAZY!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I was going along with what you said until this....
    NOT CRAZY!

uh-huh, sure.
    edited May 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    uh-huh, sure.

Is this because I know there's going to be a zombie apocalypse on December 21st 2012? Because there is factual data to back that up!
    Well, not the zombie part, just the apocalypse...
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    You wouldnt be a distant relation to the Mayan's would ya...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBOQTzAAlh4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBOQTzAAlh4&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    edited May 2008
    Hahaha. We need to write a song about how we're gonna build a zombie shelter like it's December 20th 2012.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    John Titor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited May 2008
    Is this because I know there's going to be a zombie apocalypse on December 21st 2012? Because there is factual data to back that up!
    Well, not the zombie part, just the apocalypse...
    that ain't an apocolypse just my 49th birthday party , zombies due about 10am the following morning ;):):zombie:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Remember that day when everyone was on TS while playing TF2 and we were playing Dustbowl fighting for the final cap point, and there was a tornado siren going off near CB's house and he bailed out because he didn't want to die and everyone could hear it in the chat channel?

I wasn't on TS, but I heard it play over other peoples mics. Pretty awesome.