Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited June 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Remember that day when everyone was on TS while playing TF2 and we were playing Dustbowl fighting for the final cap point, and there was a tornado siren going off near CB's house and he bailed out because he didn't want to die and everyone could hear it in the chat channel?

I wasn't on TS, but I heard it play over other peoples mics. Pretty awesome.

I remember that. That was epic.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I've got more then 12 medic achievements now. :) I enjoy the new needle gun. It will make the kill 50 scout thing easier. +3 +3 +3 +3 +3 +3

I got "First Do No Harm" by ubering Gnome Queen, getting 4 points and our team getting steamrolled. It was only about 45-60 seconds long, but I scored the highest on a team greater than 6 in a round without killing anyone.

I don't like farming achievements, Or even asking other players to do certain things to get achievements. They should come naturally, and I have done this so far. I take pride in this. Though, It is going be tough to uber a heavy and the first thing he thinks is "Oh I'm gunna punch some people!"

I've started playing soldier a bit more. An interesting class. I still suck at Spy.

How is everyone?

-Bobby
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Feelin good Bobby. TF2 tonight? Ill be there.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I have a hard time balancing TF2 time and Family time. I've been playing a lot, might be doing the family thing tonight.... maybe not though?

;-)

-Bobby
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Any one hear anything about which class and/or when the next set of upgraded weapons will be?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    CB wrote:
    Any one hear anything about which class and/or when the next set of upgraded weapons will be?

Pyro.

When. Dunno, it's on Valve's time.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Rumor mill says Pyro is next.

I also refuse to cheat or farm to get achievements. I rarely play medic as it is, but the other night our team needed a medic and I got 3 achievements naturally. I figure, they'll come in time.

Man, when they come out with the demoman and engineer achievement packs, watch out...... :rarr:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    heck yea I think TF2 will still blow away battlefield heroes when it comes out, but you know me ill still try it!
    edited June 2008
    You guys are going to LOVE IT when the spy achievements/upgrades come out.
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited June 2008
    great games tonight guys - I have been in the dark side playing DOD for a few weeks but tonight reminded me of why I love playing on the IC server.

Oh, and btw guys add me on Steam, ID is AirCanuck.

cheers
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    soldier will more than likely be the last to receive the upgrade :(

What in the world can we expect from the sniper? Bullets that pierce walls? A gun like the farsight from Perfect Dark? (Lord save us all)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    A gun like the farsight from Perfect Dark? (Lord save us all)

oooooh :bigggrin:
  • edited June 2008
    Hello all. few questions... how do i post or upload a map for you to consider? Is there any order or folders in this forum like Steam's TF2 forums? That's all i can think of right now... Hope all is well!

~2hyper
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    soldier will more than likely be the last to receive the upgrade :(

What in the world can we expect from the sniper? Bullets that pierce walls? A gun like the farsight from Perfect Dark? (Lord save us all)

Probably faster crit and/or reload.
    edited June 2008
    2HYPER!!! Welcome. Join the IC gaming group and then under Map Pack post your idea.
    edited June 2008
    Ohhi 2hyper :D

Just tell me the name of the map or post a link where I can download it. I'll put it on the server and we'll check it out tonight.
  • edited June 2008
    Great! here are some of the cooler ones...

pl_dustbowl
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/54701

cp_aqua
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/51482

cp_egypt
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/54003

ctf [sorta] avanti
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/52688

cp_fastlane
    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/51458

definitely get the dustbowl payload one.. it's cool

hope to see them soon!!
    lata guys

ps and quit skippin granary... let it play!!!
  • edited June 2008
    i loaded my pic... but it's not beside my name.. wtf m8
    edited June 2008
    I'll add the pl_dustbowl and the cp_aqua today. I don't want to throw too many new customs all at once on the server. Let's test these out. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, 2hyper
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Both cp_aqua and cp_egypt are pretty fun. Not sure about how balanced they are as I've only played them for maybe an hour a piece. But its always nice to see new maps added.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    OMG YAY PYRO UPGRADES!!!!!
    edited June 2008
    I think all those maps are cool except avanti. Are they on the map pack yet, prime?

EDIT:/ nevermind, they are
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I was just thinking about 2Hyper today actually... Looking at my friend list I noticed he was one of the few to yet make the jump to the forums.

...all is going according to plans.
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    What in the world can we expect from the sniper?
    Night vision scope? Or INFRARED scope! You could see people's hot bodies through walls, but not shoot them, but you'd know they were there! YEAH!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Pyro needs chainsaw.

Valve give me chainsaw.

Also a 'real' haduken would be sweet.
    edited June 2008
    omg pyro fireballs FOR THE ****ING WIN
    edited June 2008
    Fireballs would be nice, we could use a good long range weapon.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Um its a Ka-Ma-Ha-Ma-HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA fyi, gosh watch some DBZ for once in your life put down the pokemon. But that would be tight to have, like ghost riding your whip tight.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    we could use a good long range weapon.

That would basically remove the drawback of a pyro. Pyros are supposed to be deadly at short range and to those that can't find health/water, and THAT'S IT. With medic the items definitely make it a damage/death dealer, but he always had the option to do it before in mostly the same ways its just now MUCH easier for people who don't play medic frequently, or even very well, to add something to a team by playing that class.
    edited June 2008
    Yes, and it would make the pyro SUPER EPIC. Fireballs. Need them.

Also the medic gun is super overpowered, if they get an overpowered weapon I want one that makes pyros better.