G33K B33R

CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Food & Drink
geekBeer.jpg
So I just picked up a bottle of this at 7-11. I had not heard of this before and I am a big fan of regular Bawls so I thought I'd try it, even though it was $2.29 for one bottle. After tasting this new version of Bawls I can say it is now my favorite.

As far as root beer goes, it definitely tastes quite a bit like Barq's (not surprising since Barq's is also a caffeinated root beer.) I think it had a nice root beer flavor with just the right amount of bite to it. If you are a fan of either Bawls or root beer I would definitely recommend picking up some of this new product. According the the website you can purchase Bawls at CompUSA, MicroCenter and Target (as well as a few online retailers) however I've yet to find it at my local Target store.

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Yup, I love making my heart go into an irregular frenzy. Makes me feel all funny inside.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I effin love Balws. That's what ill be drinking at the LAN.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited June 2008
    To be honest, I've not heard of it.. but that may be the fact I'm over in UK? Or is it over here?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Wish caffeine did something -- anything -- recognizable for me. Alas, for energy drinks (-Red Bull) taste so good.
  • broady81broady81 Member
    edited June 2008
    To be honest, I've not heard of it.. but that may be the fact I'm over in UK? Or is it over here?

You can't get Bawls over her Felix :sad2: Unless you import for some ludicrous amount - Might get Shorty to bring us some back. I had it when I was over there a while ago. Tasty :smiles:. You can get regular root beer still. I think you either like it or you don't. I personally prefer Coffee for my caffeine anyway, although I've been trying to cut back :rolleyes2 Too much Espresso :wtf:
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited June 2008
    Ahah, energy beer. If you are really fond of this kind of beer, you might try "Charge" its a cheap caffeinated beer that can be easily found at Lucky's and Safeway etc. It tastes like crap but its super laoded with sugar and other bad energy gunk.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited June 2008
    as long as it's loaded with crap, that's all that matters! ;)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Team Rootbeer! Dude you HAVE to bring some of that to the lan! or ship it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    DO WANT!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I'm with Thrax on this. I gave up on energy drinks a long time ago, I have yet to try one that actually affects me. I attribute this to my body size.

But Bawls is different. Bawls is delicious. It doesn't make me bounce of the walls or anything, but it tastes great.

I've been wanting to try BawlsBeer, but I can't find it locally. My Target sells 4 packs of regular Bawls, and my local 7-11s stopped stocking Bawls sadly. So I'll probably have to order online. I'm dying to try this.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Hold up... this is root beer, right?
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Yes. It's root beer.