Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I like an explosion option... go running in and {BOOM}, pyro self destructs doing massive damage within a short range AND throws people (break up uber).
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I like an explosion option... go running in and {BOOM}, pyro self destructs doing massive damage within a short range AND throws people (break up uber).

A suicide bomber weapon for the Pyro would be in extremely poor taste... It would make much more sense as a Scout or Demo weapon.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to implement a suicide bomb weapon. A combine ball (secondary fire on the pulse gun in hl2) like hadoken style fire ball wouldn't be bad idea. But there's gotta be an uber system or something for it. Say, the meter fills up with every kill you get from the flamethrower.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Night vision scope? Or INFRARED scope! You could see people's hot bodies through walls, but not shoot them, but you'd know they were there! YEAH!
    Thats a good idea. Snowwhite needs to work for Valve.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    CB wrote:
    A suicide bomber weapon for the Pyro would be in extremely poor taste... It would make much more sense as a Scout or Demo weapon.

:D Comedy Gold
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to implement a suicide bomb weapon. A combine ball (secondary fire on the pulse gun in hl2) like hadoken style fire ball wouldn't be bad idea. But there's gotta be an uber system or something for it. Say, the meter fills up with every kill you get from the flamethrower.

I like this idea. Maybe the meter could go up equally to the amount of points damage you do with fire. I also thought ground fires would be a cool weapon. Sorta like a Sentry but would just light people on fire who walk through it (except other pyros... of coarse), then maybe it would have a timer and go out. I think that would be cool.

-Bobby
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    Um its a Ka-Ma-Ha-Ma-HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA fyi, gosh watch some DBZ for once in your life put down the pokemon. But that would be tight to have, like ghost riding your whip tight.

boy, you need to step away from the keyboard and play some Street Fighter.

It's a HA-DU-KEN!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJDGvYf-B0M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJDGvYf-B0M&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I am glad you posted that because if you have ever seen Dragon Ball where the move is first showed you would realize that the difference is in the "wind-up". Dragon Ball starts with the hands out in front of the body pulling your chi in, like the pyro, where Street Fighter has the hands next to the body or past during the chi build up. I am in game right now to make sure I wasn't crazy. The manga for DragonBall was actually out several years before the release of StreetFighter though DBZ air around 2 years after StreetFighter hit the scene, the series most people know of the moves and characters from.
    edited June 2008
    ok, see you point.

never watched dragonball
  • edited June 2008
    you are probably better off :tongue2:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Only on Icrontic can we have a debate about the fireball throwing techniques of Dragon Ball Z vs. Street Fighter as applied to TF2.

:life:
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Only on Icrontic can we have a debate about the fireball throwing techniques of Dragon Ball Z vs. Street Fighter as applied to TF2.

:life:

to true.:bigggrin:
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited June 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    boy, you need to step away from the keyboard and play some Street Fighter.

It's a HA-DU-KEN!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJDGvYf-B0M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJDGvYf-B0M&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought it was Ha-dou-ken.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I was a big Dragonball Zeta guy in college... Loved the show!
    edited June 2008
    It wasn't about being a big fan, which I was, it was more about trying to get hold of another countries culture and now I just try and experience a lot of the things that other people "seem" to like. But yeah I realized the geek factor went up when I started typing.

But how did people like the pl_dustbowl last night, its different but didn't like it. Took the real challenge out when you are playing offense.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    The fireballs would almost make sense too... remember the flame launcher that Pyro had in TFC? It was slow, easily avoidable, but could be devastating if it caught a tight group of enemy. Fireball would be a stylish way to bring that back.

Also, I was on a roll last night. Too bad I was playing after everyone else left.... I missed the new customs again.
    edited June 2008
    Aw man, we played customs last night. I'll be on tonight... i hope, and we're playing 'em again.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Yeah i hadn't downloaded them yet so instead of playing i got to watch a loading screen.
    edited June 2008
    Zanthian wrote:
    Yeah i hadn't downloaded them yet so instead of playing i got to watch a loading screen.

download the mappack jo!

http://icrontic.com/files/maps.zip
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited June 2008
    I will try to play with you guys sometime.
    edited June 2008
    played pl_dustbowl , es_happycow and cp_aqua.

happycow is meh. too many chockpoints imo, defense can have their way with ya

cp_aqua has potential, as there are many alternate routes, but has water, so pyro is sol

pl_dustbowl is, well, ill have to play it again with more people.
    edited June 2008
    I didn't like aqua, I don't get it... I do need to learn how they did running water for my map though.

Ive played PL_Dustbowl and it is VERY fun, good times with a full server. It was like the layout was created for PL.

Some epic moments tonight. A 6 man red team almost held a 5 man blue team to no caps on Gold Rush. They still didn't get past B :-D

-Bobby
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I've a strong suspicion that dustbowl was designed with eventual pl map in mind. As soon as I saw goldrush, I figured that the next map release from valve would be pl_dustbowl... I'd sort-of rather wait for that official one to be released, than play this home-made one...
    edited June 2008
    OK well that new pyro ax, The Axstinguisher or something, is looking to be sweet. Once you light a guy on fire, the ax guarantees a critical hit.
    edited June 2008
    Very Nice

link: http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1608/

Edit: Also "Meet the Sniper" coming to :-D

Edit Again: Very Interesting
    Valve wrote:
    Along with all of the new content, we're also going to be making some significant changes to the Pyro class for everyone, regardless of whether they have unlocked any new items.

-Bobby
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited June 2008
    I will be playing more often, I was on yesterday briefly my user name is Daal.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    CB wrote:
    I've a strong suspicion that dustbowl was designed with eventual pl map in mind. As soon as I saw goldrush, I figured that the next map release from valve would be pl_dustbowl... I'd sort-of rather wait for that official one to be released, than play this home-made one...

An official pl_dustbowl would be great. You're right, it's got potential. We'll have to wait and see.

Can't wait for the pyro achievement, it's going to be awesome when 65% of players ARE FRIGGING PYROS.
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    CB wrote:
    A suicide bomber weapon for the Pyro would be in extremely poor taste...
    Is the pyro middle eastern? I'm sorry... I had to.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Italian, actually...
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    well then it's not in quite as poor taste.
    edited June 2008
    Uh i need some points for soldier on soldier action. I just left a game cause i was pwned by this one soldier every time we went one on one.