BDRBDR
edited November 2003 in Folding@Home
I have to give you credit. You are cranking out some wu's. :thumbsup:

WFT! :fold:

Comments

• mondimondi Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    why thank you :)

it may take a little dip in the next couple of says though, whether or not its made national news yet, one of those california wildfires is about 200 yards from my apartment (stevenson ranch) .... i managed to sleep through the first evacuation order, and all was fine, but were all on on high alert right now...

i have all my stuff backed up in case we need to take off.. hopefully i wont have to

evacuation or otherwise, the rigs stay folding ;)
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited October 2003
    Wow, you are really producing some good points there Mondi! :fold:
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited October 2003
    I saw a guy w/ a waterhose trying to protect his home yesterday or the day before. That had to have sucked. Too bad the guy didn't have about 5,000 waterhoses all running @ full strength.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    :eek2: now THAT is dedication!

I'm 100% positive that if you felt it were necessary to evac, you'd evac, though........ right?

Right?

okay, maybe 99% ;)
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    yeah its pretty scary right now, i look out over my balcony and all i see is flames on the hillside, shame my cameras out of commision or id post a pic, some of my friends have pics though so ill post some soon enough ... it seems to be under control but word is that if the wind picks up were all out of here ... luckily i have MAJOR renters insurance ... including fire damage .. which i got since the last time my rigs ate it from electrical spikes ...

all will be well :)
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    mondi,

You and your neighbors are in my prayers at the moment. The news said something about a shift from the Santa Anna's to become an onshore current. That would be a big help as long as like you mentioned the winds don't pic up.
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    Mondi, please stay safe. Things can be replaced, lives can't.

Yes, it's been on the news for a couple days now. Terrible thing.:sad2:
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Yeah, man... It's definitely been on the news. Pretty scary stuff. I hope everything continues to go well for you and your neighbors. :thumbup
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    thanks guys, im trying to keep a little humour about things, but still .... :)

I just want to assure everyone that my car is packed and ready, at the first sign of trouble im out of here ...

if anything does happen -- knock on wood -- ill be sure to keep you guys updated
  • edited October 2003
    Yeah, don't screw around if they say to boogie out of there. Major fires are something we don't have to really worry about down here in southern Louisiana; it's just too rainy and wet. Our biggest concern is hurricanes, which are very easy to get away from if it's a bad one coming.
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    I just saw on the FOX news channel that one of the reporters is at stevenson ranch, and says firefighters are ready there, to help save homes.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2003
    Dude, if it comes close...get the hell outa there. Keep the rigs so they can fold another day.

Stay safe man.
    edited October 2003
    UPDATE:

I just got a phone call from Mondi.. He has been evacuated, but he called me to have me tell you that he is okay. He didn't want any of us to worry about him. :)

He'll give me updates via cellphone as they occur.
  • BDRBDR
    edited October 2003
    I've been watching the news and the reporters are there at stevenson ranch. They're saying people were evac'ed but some are returning now, and so far everything is safe from the fire.

That's good news. :)

Good luck to you Mondi !
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2003
    Be safe, old buddy. I've been watching the news on this for days and it's not a pretty sight. I look forward to hearing the updates.

:thumbsup::wave:
  • edited October 2003
    stay safe.

can you setup your machines at a shelter? ;D
    edited October 2003
    UPDATE 2: 7:00 PM EST (4PM PST)

Mondi says that despite what the media is showing, he can see with his own eyes that the fire is coming in on two fronts.

On a different note, he's partying with his buddies, drinking, and yes... folding with his laptops .... ;)

Now THAT is TRUE dedication... :thumbsup:
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    power is back !!!!!!

hopefully itll last, and good news .. standing outside as long as i could (the smokes still pretty bad) i saw the flames subside over the last hour or so... it actually looks like ill be abl to go back home tonight, though whether ill have power or net access is another matter altogether ...

a HUUUUUUUUGE thanks to prime for helping me report the situation, from what i see he relayed everything exactly :) ... thanks all for your kind words .. hopefully my next post will be from my apartment !!!

byee for now

mondi
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    and home, kinda anti-climactic i know, but you have no idea how it feels to be sitting in the throne of power again :)

once again, thanks for all your kind words ... and a huge thanks to prime for his reports... now lets just hope its really under control ..

and of course .. back and folding :)
    edited October 2003
    Glad to hear you're home safe, mondi.... :)
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Mondi goes RED

Ok, Mondi, give us the low down. What are you running? ;)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    I think he has made a pact with the devil. It looks like I'm about to be :Pwned: (See who he's about to pass?)

He's like cheap underwear - keeps creeping up on you...
    ;D

:respect::fold:
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    profdlp had this to say
    I think he has made a pact with the devil. It looks like I'm about to be :Pwned: (See who he's about to pass?)

He's like cheap underwear - keeps creeping up on you...
    ;D

:respect::fold:

;D No kidding. He's been burning up the WU's for the last couple weeks.

He is the RED MONDI :cool2:

cheap underwear and all ;D
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    nice, it finally happened, this has been a personal goal for me for awhile ... after i took a hiatus i didnt think it was gonna happen but ...

YAY :)

current setup ...

2 * Barton 2500 (1 @ 2200, 1 @ 2100)
    1 * p4 2.66 - lappy
    1 * p4 2.66 - friends comp
    2 * dual g5 2.0ghz
    2 * dual g4 1.0ghz
    1 * powerbook g4 1.0ghz

the real boost is the new gromacs core for the macs ... wasnt really running them much before as they were so slow .. but now they compete pretty well ...

Im still trying to get the p4 lab going, but theres as always, much beaurocracy to deal with ...

thanks for noticing guys :) and :fold: on !!!!!

:D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    Yes I see you coming. Wont be long til top 30. Past week or 2 you have really upped the production.