bluetooth vs wifi vs rf mouse

edited June 2008 in Hardware
i'm using a Laptop and i find it a hassle having the usb cable mouse! i want to get a wireless mouse but i'm not too sure which one to go for and which is better...

i do find RF mice to be cheaper, but it comes with a USB Reviever which i find annoying when i'm lying in bed or sitting somewhere, i have to plug/unpkug the reciever everytime i put my laptop back into its bag...

now i'm unsure of whether to get a bluetooth or wifi... can anyone make any recommendations?

cheers

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Does your laptop have built in Bluetooth?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2008
    If your laptop has built in bluetooth use it.
  • edited June 2008
    ofcourse it has btooth 2.0... its an ASUS G1S Gaming Series ;) i'm in the hunt for a good priced btooth mouse :)
  • ChipChip Dallas Member
    edited June 2008
    I was in the same boat as you. I've got a Compaq NC6400 laptop w/Bluetooth. Why not use it? Seems stupid that there's a plethora of proprietary RF mice out there. Why would anyone want to clog a USB port with a proprietary dongle that does nothing but serve a stupid mouse?

I went with the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. It's a lappy mouse so you'll be gripping it "claw" style instead of a larger "thumb rest" style because of its small size.