Electron Microscope III v2.4.0 (Update)

edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
Double click tray icon
More Language Support
Skins listed in alphabetical order
Gromacs Time per Frame issue fixed

If you double click the EM tray icon, EM will hide or show itself depending on what state it is in when you double click the icon. If visible, it hides, if hidden, it becomes visible.

All windows in EM have been updated to support the current language file. When you switch to any languge but English, an asterisk (*) will appear in front of the words that need to be translated. If you want to translate those words and phrases, please feel free to do so. Then send me the modified language file so I can update it for everyone. I'm still looking for a full translation for Spanish and Russian. I would also be happy to add any other language you the user wants. Just translate the file to your language and send it to me in an email. I will then add the new language to the main distributed file. Most of the work needs to be done on page 6 of the options menu, the queue.dat file display menu, and the protein image right-click menu. Just look for the asterisk.

The skins listed in the skin menu are now in alphabetical order.

When EM monitored a Gromacs work unit and it finished, when the client downloaded the next work unit and it happened to be another Gromacs work unit, there tended to be a glitch in the way EM calculated the first frame. It would usually go very fast, then give an error alert because EM thought the time-per-frame was too long. After much testing that issue seems to be fixed.

Enjoy! ;)

Get it here: http://www.em-dc.com

latestem.jpg

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks WeatherMan! :)
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Cool, I will download now.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for the update. Now I just have to remember to email it to work because I cant get to the site from there.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Thanks WeatherMan.:):fold:
  • edited June 2003
    for anyone using the stealth option to hide the EM icon - when it says you need to hold down the Scroll Lock button for upto 30 seconds and it doesn't show up - try going to task manager and the applications tab - highlight EMIII and click on "switch to" then hold down the Scroll Lock button and it'll show up. This has been driving me crazy cause it wouldn't show for me even if I did the "showme" file thing. This is on a winxp machine. If for some reason it still doesn't show up regedit and search for "EMIII" til you get to the stealth/hide and change the value from 1 to 0 and reboot :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I tried it once and it didnt work. So I never used the stealth thing again but rather Firedaemon to stealth the lab.
  • edited June 2003
    I now prefer EMIII cause you don't have to install it like FD. I only hide EMIII on one computer and it wasn't a problem that I couldn't unstealth it since I monitor folding with the log file - just hindered me from changing its options.
  • edited June 2003
    seversphere said
    for anyone using the stealth option to hide the EM icon - when it says you need to hold down the Scroll Lock button for upto 30 seconds and it doesn't show up - try going to task manager and the applications tab - highlight EMIII and click on "switch to" then hold down the Scroll Lock button and it'll show up. This has been driving me crazy cause it wouldn't show for me even if I did the "showme" file thing. This is on a winxp machine. If for some reason it still doesn't show up regedit and search for "EMIII" til you get to the stealth/hide and change the value from 1 to 0 and reboot :)

The file has to be named show.me
    Note the period between the words show and me

That works 100% of the time...