New build won't boot.

2»

Comments

• BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Please take a look at this (big image) and tell me what the switches need to be set to. This pic was taken before I installed the mobo in the case.
    I had just installed the cpu and hsf, and plugged in the wiring.
    (and yes, I did plug in the hsf before I fired it up).

What's confusing about the switches is that the top one is upside down according to the lettering on it.

Vid card I tried in it is an 8X, known good. (I have it running in one of my other towers right now).

I'll try the last ditch attempt tomorrow, before I pull it out of the case to pack up for return.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    csimon had this to say
    OT ...make sure you don't miss the lunar eclipse in all the excitement! Hurry it's almost done!

Wha? It's cold outside! ;)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    lol ...not cold but it was kinda dark.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Nice lunar eclipse! Down here is south FL it was goregous! I love gettign kisses from girls during an Eclipse!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    :skeptic:

He-whore.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Come on guys! Does any one know what switches need to be set on? thank you :D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Which cpu are you using on that board? I need the default multiplier. Set the CLK_SW switch to ON. (default is off)
    If your cpu has a multi off 12, set the switches to the following:

0 X 0 0 0 0

If you have 11:

0 0 0 0 0 0

0 is ON and X is off.

If you set them all at X (which is default), it should auto detect what cpu you have. But you MUST set the CLK_SW switch to ON first of all. Otherwise, it won't detect that you have a 266 fsb, 333 fsb or 400 fsb cpu.

RTFM BDR.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Thanks Mack. That's what I needed to know. I want to let it auto detect.
    CPU is supposed to be a 1.4 tbird, although someone wrote 1.2 on it. (It was given to me)
    I was using the cpu in another mobo, and I know it works.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    RTFM BDR

the f-ing manual didn't come the with f-ing mobo.

I had to go to f-ing website and dl the f-ing pdf file, which I hate.

I needed help trying to understand the f-ing switches, which I have never seen before, and if I can't come here for help, then where can I go and not be told to read the f-ing manual?

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    BDR had this to say
    RTFM BDR

I needed help trying to understand the f-ing switches, which I have never seen before, and if I can't come here for help, then where can I go and not be told to read the f-ing manual?

We understand your frustration BDR! Please calm down and breath deep. I think Mac should have you covered there. Please keep us posted. If that doesn't work the resort to beer and violence on your board. :eek: J/K ;)
    edited November 2003
    BDR had this to say
    RTFM BDR

FFS, knock it off.

Here's the download link to the manual:

http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf

Loosen up please. I refuse to stay on my toes just because you are sensitive to jokes. And you are welcome, i hope this solves the problem.

EDIT**// Seeing now that you actually already have the manual ,so ditch the link.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    FFS, knock it off.

Here's the download link to the manual:

http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf

Loosen up please. I refuse to stay on my toes just because you are sensitive to jokes. And you are welcome, i hope this solves the problem. [/B]

I have the pdf file already.
    and excuse me for not automaticly knowing it was a "joke".
    As for the "sensitive" remark.

pfft @you
    edited November 2003
    Did the stuff boot after the changes? If not, it's RMA time. 1.4 tbird huh? Positive it's a 266 fsb cpu and not a 200 fsb cpu? I dont remember if AMD ever made 1.4, 200 fsb cpus, that's why i ask. If 200 fsb cpu, set multi to 14 which is 0 X X 0 X 0
    If you have a 266 fsb cpu, its 10,5 that is the multi (10.5*133) if auto doesn't work. 10.5 multi is X X X X 0 0 on those switches.
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    Sorry Mack. The person I got it from wrote 1.2 g 266 on the chip.

I packed the mobo up for RMA-ing.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

I'm too old for this forum.

:sad2:
    edited November 2003
    I think a dead mobo has got to be the hardest thing to troubleshoot IMHO ...so don't let it bother you.
    I've had dead mobo's before ...once I got two in a row and they weren't refurbed.
    You aren't too old for this forum ...some of us are older than you!:thumbsup:
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    csimon had this to say

You aren't too old for this forum ...some of us are older than you!:thumbsup:

;D but not you, csimon. I was born in 1955.

Have another banana.
    edited November 2003
    well ...you and muddocktor are roughly the same age.
    so you remember the building of the pyramids n stuff? LOL j/k
  • BDRBDR
    edited November 2003
    csimon had this to say
    well ...you and muddocktor are roughly the same age.
    so you remember the building of the pyramids n stuff? LOL j/k

remember? I think I was there at the planning stage. ;)
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    My goodness I did call you sir, my apologies.

Abit sounds nice. I've never had a problem with Gigabyte. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the rumors going around about Epox either. Both brands have worked wonderfully for me for years.

But Abit has allways been my favorite motherboard. This morning I turn on my old Abit mobo w/ p3 450. I turn on my current epox system w/ 1800+ at the same time. P3 450 booted up about 60 seconds before my new system :P. (Of course older one runs 98, stripped down quite a bit .. abit..haha =| )

<3 Abit.
    edited November 2003
    BDR had this to say
    Sorry Mack. The person I got it from wrote 1.2 g 266 on the chip.

I packed the mobo up for RMA-ing.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

I'm too old for this forum.

:sad2:

O whell, to bad we couldn't try. Good luck wherever you go in the future.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hey, easy there folks I was born in '55 also. ;)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ;D
    I've just found this thread. Sittin' back after church with a glass of wine, I've had one heck of a laugh. This is hilarious, at least from a detached stance.

BDR, we really do love you. You add a lot to the forums. When the frustration is over concerning your motherboard (Lord knows I've had the same frustrations), you'll look back on this thread and laugh too.

I sincerely hope your next board is a 'first time go' when you first install it.

Cheers,

Leo

:wave: