WoW is now my 2nd life?

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Gaming
Well I have tried to stay away from WoW for a long time. Why? who knows.. I have loved most MMO's for a long time but was always anti WoW.

But now I have my own LAN center of ownage and I decided I wanted to kick off a guild :) so I have. I created a guild on Wildhammer and we now have 30+ members with everyone reaching lvl 50 or higher within the short 7 weeks we have been going. We have 2 guild nights a week and are getting to the point of kicking off our first 10 Man raid :)

I myself now have a lvl 66 Dwarf Pallay who is the sickest tank online. Well minus all the great epic gear... :(

So if any Icrontians feel the need to re roll your more than welcome to come on over to Wildhammer and roll with Howie's OwnVal :)

Comments

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I personally think WoW is like SWG. You really have to be a fan of the francise to enjoy the game fully...
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Well with being a huge fan of the RTS series since it came out, I can really see why I have started to like the game overall.

WC4 anyone?
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I had WOW, Heard about it and I was in D&D before.
    I got eat up with D&D so I didn't touch WOW, I gave it away :)
    So check with Thelemech he's somewhere stuck in WOW :D
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited July 2008
    I used to be a WoW'er but it took over 6 months of my life.. As I had a little girl I had to give it up.. But I think it's a PWNAGE game!
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I had to escape from playing Wow. In the end, I had 2 jobs, one I got paid for and one I didnt. I was guild leader for the biggest horde guild on Darkmoon Faire and it eating my life away, logging on to get 10 pm's every time gets a bit old after a while.

I will probally go back once Lich King come out to get my Warrior to 80.
  • EtzoEtzo Finland
    edited July 2008
    Wow :D:D:D Maybe the worst game ever? All maniacs run to the shop and buy this game. And when you do that, you can say goodbye to your social life. You become a nerd!
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Another friday night. No girlfriend. What are my plans? WoW. My 70 Dwarf Hunter has to do a bunch of battlegrounds to get honor points and honor marks to get new pieces of epic armor.

Am I a loser?:confused:
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Yes, But hey look on the bright side your cool in the Virtual World!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Well that's one way to not GET a girlfriend, I'll tell you that much :p
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    You are loser only for being Alliance.

FOR THE HORDE!
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Give it time and it will be your first and only life :tongue: WoW is by no means a bad game, it's just got so much to do and takes such a long time that you end up spending hours at a time on it.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited July 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Give it time and it will be your first and only life :tongue: WoW is by no means a bad game, it's just got so much to do and takes such a long time that you end up spending hours at a time on it.

Agreed, this is why I had to stop.. It did become my life.. now I haven't touched it in 2 years lol.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Tim wrote:
    Am I a loser?:confused:

Not if you find your gameplay time rewarding and in some way fulfilling. Who is anyone else to judge what's important to you?
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Ceiling cat is watching you masturbate
  • ZolthaianZolthaian Panama City, Panama
    edited July 2008
    I used to be addicted to a game called Runescape. After some years I finally quit and began to play Wow.

Weird enough, I just got a little addicted to wow from about lvl 25~ish to 30, since I wanted the mount. Now from 30 to 31 it has taken me days since I only log on for 15 minutes tops =\