Setting up Outlook mail forwarding feature

edited July 2008 in Science & Tech
at work our Microsoft Mail Exchange delivers mail to using Outlook... i'm just wondering if setting up outlook to forward mail to an external Gmail account is easy? and how would i do that...

i know with Gmail i can add my work account to gmail... but i'm not familiar with setting up Outlook to forward mails to my Gmail account...

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    From your outlook just create a rule that says when X criteria are met forward it to the following address.
  • edited July 2008
    i did manage to go to tool and use the out of office assistance, how can i set it so it will forward all mail to external mail regardless of whether i'm in or out of office... ? cheers
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited July 2008
    I don't have Outlook, but it I assume it's similar to Outlook Express.

Go to tools/message rules/mail

Setup a mail rule to forward all messages. Select the email address(s) you want to forward to.
    edited July 2008
    manuleka wrote:
    i did manage to go to tool and use the out of office assistance, how can i set it so it will forward all mail to external mail regardless of whether i'm in or out of office... ? cheers

You can't (that I'm aware of) use the Out of Office assistance to forward to an external mail. You have to create a rule that runs on every incoming mail and have it forward it to an external email address.
  • edited July 2008
    and how would i do that? cheers
    edited July 2008
    Follow Mr. Bill's post.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Be aware that forwarding your mailbox to a personal mailbox (especially a 3rd party internet based mail account) could be against your companies Email usage policy so its best to check first before you get yourself into trouble.
  • edited July 2008
    Necropolis wrote:
    Be aware that forwarding your mailbox to a personal mailbox (especially a 3rd party internet based mail account) could be against your companies Email usage policy so its best to check first before you get yourself into trouble.

cheers for the warning...