Video is funky

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited July 2008 in Hardware
Hey guys,

I built a comp for my mom about 2 months ago. Everything has been fine until I tried to install the Cat Control Center. I removed everything first and then reinstalled with CCC. Everything seemed fine until about 2 days later when the comp loaded windows the screen would go black then show 4-5 icons. Then after about ten minutes show everything. Other times it would BSOD. I was able to boot into safe mode and remove drivers and reboot. Then everything is fine. I am thinking that there is something conflicting with the drivers. Maybe old ATI drivers from initial build that were not uninstalled correctly. Is there a way to remove all drivers on computer and start anew including from the registry. If you have any other ideas it would helpful. Oh and by the way it works for about 5-6 days, and then will start it again.

ATI is taking their time on helping me with this. Thought I would hit you up.

Comments

• DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    If you can get your computer booted up go into add/remove programs and delete everything from ati. You can also go into safe mode if normal mode fails. Other than that I don't see what else would cause that...
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited July 2008
    thats what I have done to this point. Still no luck.

Thanks,
  • edited July 2008
    It seems strange that it only started acting up on you 2 days after you installed the new drivers. During the 2 days did you do anything in the BIO's settings, that also includes overclocking you might have done prior to the boot problems? If so this might also be causeing your problem. To fix this just pop the case open and you will find that situated on the motherboard is a watch battery. Before you take this out unplug the power cord and any other periferals that may be attatched to the computer. once it is out push in the power button a couple times and wait for a good 3-5 min. After that just hook everything up again and hopefully that fixes your problem.

Hope that helps! :)
  • edited July 2008
    Also, I assume you uninstalled the old ATI suff from the device manger?
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited July 2008
    2 days was when my mom told me there was a problem. I uninstalled the drivers from device manager. I will reset the CMOS and let you know.
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited July 2008
    Access the CCC Advanced view and select the "reset to defaults" for all options then try the video.