Mounts at lvl 30 now in WoW

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Gaming
WTF Blizzard? Why are you screwing with the game?
Mounts at 30?! Yes, it’s true: Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35 gold.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Because nobody cares about leveling any more.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Oh and it only cost me 40g to get my training and mount, thats bull****. My first mount I bought on Medivh about 5 months after launch cost me well over 100g and my first epic mount totalled out to over 650g.

They are making an already easy game even easier because a bunch of people whine about how hard it is.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2008
    Does it really matter? I mean really? So what you get mounts earlier - no factor at all for the end game. It just means people who are buying into it for the next expansion can appreciate it sooner.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I looked forward to a mount... it was a godsend because it provided faster travel. Lowering it take a bit of the suspense away... Well... there are always the free servers.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    My human rogue got his level 30 the day the 2.4.3 patch came out, so it was nice to get him a mount.

I'm not sure how I feel about it being lowered to 30 from 40. I've leveled 3 characters over 40 to get their regular mounts, one over 60 for the epic mount, and I have a golden gryphon, HAD a regular roflcopter, and I've saved the 5000 gold training money to get my turbo roflcopter, so I think other people should have to do the same things.
    edited July 2008
    The game doesn't start until 70 anyways. Getting angry about stuff at level 30 is like being pissed that your mom took your candy away when you were 5.
    edited July 2008
    Thrax: Most players never make it to level 70.
    edited July 2008
    Most players are dirty casuals.
    edited July 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Most players are dirty casuals.

At one time I was a raider, when the top of the game was MC, BWL, AQ and later, Naxx. These days I play maybe 8 hours a week tops and I have way more fun doing that with my friends than I ever did raiding (except for my first Rag kill in MC).
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Its good from Blizzard's perspective because level 30 onwrds is where you have to start travelling a fair bit for quests. Sure it's annoying to see something that was once fairly difficult to get made easier and easier but it helps bring in new players. Levelling is the boring arduous task before you can start playing the game for what it's best at, so if it makes the grind faster then bring it on I s'pose
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    After you have 1 character at 70, the grind to level any others from 1-60 is mind numbing. The game is all about end game content at the moment so grinding through the old world just doesnt cut it any more.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Necropolis wrote:
    After you have 1 character at 70, the grind to level any others from 1-60 is mind numbing.
    Thats what bots are for.