hp pavilion upgrade

edited August 2008 in Science & Tech
Hello everyone!

I have the hp pavilion zv 5000 and I 'm trying to upgrade it with an internal mini pci wireless adaptor.The adaptor is the cm9 from winstron..
When I'm trying to boot i get this message:
unsupported wireless network device detected.System halted.REmove device and restart.

I tried another wireless adaptor and came with the same results..

So I 've read many threads for this problem none of them gave me the solution.I also tried the rechner.com and richud.com solutions but I don't seem to understand them..

Any of you guys please give me a solution I would really appreciate it..

Thank you!
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    What were the two solutions on those sites? A quick glance didn't reveal any meaningful information related to installing a wireless card in a notebook.

What model is your laptop? ZV5000 covers a wide range of models and options. Also what is the hardware setup for your laptop in particular?

When did the error message happen? Was it during POST or Windows bootup?

What are you trying to achieve with this upgrade? The zv5000 series (I own a zv5380us) came with an 802.11b/g wireless card.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Did you install the software first? Often that is required with network adapters.
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    AFAIK HP laptops will only work with the wireless cards they are shipped with. I have a DV8000 and I too cannot use another card in it, or I get the same error.
  • edited August 2008
    Sorry for the delay and thank you for the answers ..No inet
    So my laptop came without an internal wireless card so I wanted to upgrade it.
    It is an 3,0 ghz intel, 256 ram, ati radeon vga..
    So any advise?
    Thanks again