Bluetooth Headset

MathsParMathsPar New
edited August 2008 in Hardware
Hi,

Normally whenever I have a problem the rest of the internet can't solve Icrontic finds a solution! Recently purchased the Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones for my phone and PC. It connects fine to my phone and plays nice stereo sound however I'm having issues connecting to the PC.

I'm running Vista and have a little USB bluetooth dongle (not sure what brand), the headphones will add as a bluetooth device but that's as far as I get. It isn't recognised in the audio devices bit and I'm not sure where to go from here.

Do you think I need some drivers? Any idea where from? Or should I go out and buy a Motorola USB dongle which will probably have better luck.

Any tips for troubleshooting this will be a great help :)

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited August 2008
    Like any headphones they should just start to receive the audio transmission. I don't know if it would create a mixer level for you to control as it would rely on the windows master volume to control the output level for any external speakers/headphones. If you're not getting sound I suspect it's an issue with the bluetooth connection/relationship. Can't say if a driver would help but it's always a good practice to check and update.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    Most Bluetooth dongles for PC do not support AD2P, which is required for use with headsets on your PC. And even if they do, you sometimes need to find a driver. Just go to the manufacturer's website.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2008
    Thanks, my bluetooth dongle is only a cheap £2 one. I always try to squeeze the most out of what I have before I buy new things lol, although I think in this case I'll have to get a better one.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2008
    I had it working the other day using Blue Soleil 6, a very good bit of Bluetooth software, unfortunately it was only a trial version though. So the potential is there for it to work at least. Just need to find some good quality free bluetooth software.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2008
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    Send the company an email and find out. Never heard of that company.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited August 2008
    Have done, I'll give them a day or so to reply then just buy it. It's basically a freebie cause I'm adding it onto the fan purchase from the other thread to qualify for free delivery.

Thanks for replying to my posts pretty quickly Your Amish Daddy.