Clutch's weight gaining diet

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited August 2008 in Fitness
I'm on the prowl to increase my weight over the next month or so. I'm sticking around 134 right now. I'm going to start back on drinking one gallon of milk a day for about two weeks. About two months ago I put on about 4-5 lbs doing this for about a week or so. I started today with my first full gallon, I got about 4 glasses left and it's 7:38 PM right now. I will continue to eat my regular meals and all, but putting down the gallon along the day.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    That gallon of milk is not an ideal choice, and probably will just add fat to you. Milk is okay, but not more than about 4 cups of 2% milk every day.

You're going to need to be eating more lean macronutrients like whole wheats and proteins. Take a look at this and this and this to get a good idea. You should be eating in excess of BODYWEIGHT*18 per day in calories.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2008
    I have already done a gallon a day for about a week and had great gains, and put on no extra fat. I already have very low bodyfat so I'm not afraid of putting on a little fat. I already eat really clean, this will just add on top of my current eating habits. I was a little skeptical at first when I tried it, but already doing so, and seeing results, I'm ready to go at it again.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Have you tried eating butter?
    edited August 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Have you tried eating butter?

Why would you do that? It's an awful idea.
    edited August 2008
    Yup.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2008
    lol...All I could picture was clutch gnawing on a stick of butter.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Om nom butter om nom nom
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    tmh88 wrote:
    lol...All I could picture was clutch gnawing on a stick of butter.

I used to do that as a kid. How I don't know.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2008
    Studies right now are showing that drinking milk after working out can promote muscle growth and actually reduce weight gain. But the studies are based around drinking about 2 cups of milk after exercising.

Other studies have shown that drinking to much milk can have long term effects from the increased calcium like creating bone spurs. Not to mention you are increasing the amount of build up of the hormones farmers are using on cow's to increase milk yield in your body. There are no proven studies yet - but the fact remains.

So what it means if you are trying to build muscle mass then drink some milk after an intense work out. A gallon of milk isn't doing you any real benefit.
    edited August 2008
    My goal is to put on body weight. And I have already put on weight by doing this, which is why I'm doing it again. I have researched it before I tried it the first time, no studies show a proven negative effect on drinking a gallon a day. This diet has been around for a very, very long time and as far as I know, no one has ever had any damaging effects from it.
    edited August 2008
    Milk can also put towards constipation, dont go overboard :tongue:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Sounds similar to "squats and milk."
    edited August 2008
    Drinking a gallon a day will give you some stinky farts also, so that is something I got to look forward to.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Drink a gallon in an hour, you'll have even more to look forward to.

One-Gallon Challenge always was fun back in HS...
    edited August 2008
    Also, stuff your mouth with grapes and try to say Chubby Bunnies.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Grapes? Marshmallows, you heathen.
    edited August 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Also, stuff your mouth with grapes and try to say Chubby Bunnies.

ur doin it rong. What the hell do they teach you in sunny England?
    edited August 2008
    Sunny England? What the hell do they teach you in Amorika?
    edited August 2008
    That you're all batty due to a lack of vitamin D.
    edited August 2008
    It's not a problem for people with little skin pigment. Normally I'd say something about Americans lacking all kinds of Vitamins, but this is the Fitness section
    :dunce: