IC needs volunteers for a photo retouching project

2»

Comments

• MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited August 2008
    Aaaand I just realized we need to figure out logistics of finished products being returned to the owners. Do we have local volunteers to print the stuff? we'll need someone to supply consumables (paper and ink), we'll need some kind of standard for prints, and of course we'll need shipping.

I was hoping to avoid monetary involvement, but that's probably gonna be impossible.
    Perhaps the finished product (image file) could be uploaded to a printing facility of the picture owner's choice? Walmart and Walgreens offer this type of service as I'm sure others do as well. Then the picture owner (or whomever wanted it retouched) can pay for the print and framing if they so choose. Just a thought...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I'll help out where and when I can. I'm a dab hand with the clone tool, and my father has a small graphics/printing business here in Cincy from which I can utilize some of the resources.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    jared wrote:
    for all the file/revision history couldn't you just use basecamp or any of the other free opensource project collaboration apps?

I second this. There are many different types of opensource projects already available to do all the versioning and checkout stuff we're looking for. We just need to implement one of them.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    What I need is someone to make that happen. I know there are a million ways to do it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    MrBill wrote:
    A reTouch Of Class

I like the sound of that one.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    PhoRePro.

Photo Restoration Project.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited September 2008
    Okay. In this picture is my maternal great-grandmother, four of my brothers and me (center). Circa 1964. I believe the spots on my great-grandmother's face belong there with the exception of the one on her forehead. Two of my brothers in this picture are now deceased (front row left and back row right). I don't know if this picture can be salvaged or not and I don't know where the original is today -- I can try to see who has it if a higher resolution scan is necessary.

If anyone wants to take a shot at retouching it, have at it. It can be used in a public album showcasing the volunteer team's abilities if so desired.

Thanks,
    Bill
    5.jpg 93.4K
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Count me in for... something. I don't even own Photoshop because I can't afford it, so I'm out of the clone stamp business. But I'm always willing to pitch in some volunteer time.
  • Hi, I came upon your site when I searched for 'photo retouch volunteers'. I am interested in volunteering as a photo retoucher. I have years of experience in photo shop and I like your concept of helping elderly people.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Kirstine, welcome to Icrontic, but this might be over and done with because the last post in this thread was over 4 years ago.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    But it's a good idea. We could always start it up again; I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love this service!