What do you think of Google's Chrome

edited January 2009 in Science & Tech
Google's browser is expected to hit the market a week after Microsoft's unveiling of a test version of its latest browser update, Internet Explorer 8. The tweaks include more tools for Web surfers to cloak their on-line preferences, creating a shield that could make it more difficult for Google and other marketing networks to figure out which ads are most likely to appeal to which individuals.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/09/01/goo...r.ap/index.html

i sure hope Chrome will become a standard Browser for all Internet Users... i don't know why people still use IE.... it's a piece of See-R-Ay-P

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
  • edited September 2008
    cheers guys :) hope Chrome will be a success... i don't want IE to ruin GOOGLE :)
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    IE6 works for me, I don't seem to have the problems or complaints that others do.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Tim wrote:
    IE6 works for me, I don't seem to have the problems or complaints that others do.

lol
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited September 2008
    Tim wrote:

Your browser is from the stone age can't render html or css right and has more security holes then swiss cheese.

You should really at least update to IE7 for secuirty reasons...
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Tim wrote:

Do you work on US government computers? I swear we have some of the oldest software with the weirdest idiosyncrasies!
  • edited September 2008
    Tim wrote:

have you checked your credit card lately? lol... i guess if it doesn't harm you yet than i don't really see the point of upgrading ;)
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Meh... I'll look forward to seeing how the final version flushes out. It's fast, but not enough to make me leave Firefox. (That and Roboform doesn't support Chrome just yet.)
  • edited September 2008
    I have tried Chrome, sounds good to me because:

- it is quick
    - small
    - friendly interface - new - display all history of your visited site in first page

the reason it is small
    - not support all plugins as flash ==> install by yourself as other web-browser
    - printing not support all function as print your own selected area

I hope it could not be another Netscape ....................... LOL
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    It was fun at first, but used up lots of memory and it seemed while I was using it my network dropped to an unusable signal and speed... No thanks google :tongue:
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited January 2009
    I tried Google Chrome and didn't like it at first. I've been using Firefox for years now.

We recently got satellite Internet to replace the dial-up here at home. We live in the sticks. Satellite internet has really high latency on the order of 1200ms or more, but provides high bandwidth.

Well, with Firefox and the satellite connection, browsing web pages seemed to take forever just to even start loading.

So I decided to try Chrome again hoping that some difference in the way it downloads pages would play nicer with the satellite latency.

I'm please to report that it does. It is a huge, noticeable difference in the time it takes for the browser to respond to clicked links or input URL's. With broadband at work and dial-up at home, the difference between Chrome and Firefox was not as noticeable.

So in my mind, Chrome is WIN for satellite Internet.

Edit:

After using Chrome a bit more, I am still in love with it for the satellite situation. I think the biggest difference maker is that Firefox would always display blank white screens while loading new pages, even when clicking links within the same website... But Chrome displays the current page until it has downloaded most of the next one, and then it starts rendering the next page immediately. No "two seconds of white-out" like in Firefox. That's the biggest difference maker.

Edit 2:

I have found one problem with Chrome. The VBulletin formatting short-cut keys, like Ctrl+B or Ctrl+I, do not function at all. This sucks, but isn't enough to make me stop using it. Expect my posts to become a bit more blase.