Windows 7 beta in December?

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Science & Tech
<p>It has been a trying road for Vista since its January 2007 release. Through scads of scorn, a little bit a praise and a lot of struggling, the oft-maligned OS is in a more stable place these days. Unfortunately, Vista's early problems may have set the stage for its early demise. Sources are reporting that Windows 7, Vista's successor, may arrive in a beta format as early as December of this year.</p>
<p>A December arrival of Windows 7 would mark a timetable acceleration of almost a year. Spending approximately one year as beta, the winter 2009 release of the OS would confirm long-standing rumors that Windows 7 was bumped up to replace Vista sooner. While Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates had previously denied these allegations, sources close to the project say that an '08 beta is <a href="http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-beta,6352.html">no coincidence</a>.</p>

Comments

• RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited September 2008
    Well, if it works as well as XP, then I'm all for it...

If it's just another turd in a shiney box, I'll pass.. Still wiping the Vista turds off my hands... (wife's laptop)....
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    God I hope this comment works.
  • edited September 2008
    im in the microsoft partner program as well as the connect.microsoft.com website so i should be getting told when a beta for it is available
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited September 2008
    Hopefully it'll be all it's cracked up to be. Personally, I have vista, and I love it. Sure I've had issues, but with the right system you can enjoy it.