My Fix for the STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005... BSOD / REBOOT

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    browha wrote:
    Hello mate

W/the overclocking thing.. What do you think the error there is? I mean, i can understand overheating... but i've run programs like prime 45 on here and had all four quads running at 100% before no problem..

Cheers
    It's not necessarily causing the problem, but it is possible that some component in your system can't handle the speed. Setting all of your components to stock speeds will help determine whether overclocking could be playing a part in the problem.

Have you had any luck in finding the problem's source?
  • edited September 2008
    no sir

i've been away for a bit, am back, havent had a similair blue screen crash since. but its early days
    anything of interest in the dump files, by the way?

Cheers,
    Henry
  • edited September 2008
    I'm trying to install Windows XP sp3 whole night.
    Everytime I do that, there is a 0x0000008e stop error and I get blue screen.

Please, please, please look into my minidump file and guess what cause that problem.

Thank you so much!

profdlp wrote:
    It will (try to) record what was going on when your computer crashed and save it to a text file. By studying the file you'll at least get a list of likely suspects as to what caused the crash.

From Microsoft:

The file created should appear in the root of the drive where Windows is installed. As for being "easy to read and understand", it may be, but it might just look like gibberish unless you know what you're looking for. You can attach a copy of the dump file here and we'll have a look.

You could also try right-clicking My Computer, then go to Properties>>Advanced>>Startup and Recovery Settings, then uncheck Automatically Restart.
    It will produce a BSOD with an error code. Let us know what it is and we'll try and help. :)
  • edited September 2008
    Hiya guys

Blue screened last night whilst listening to music (pretty much nothing else), have now clocked it back to 2.4 Ghz (default value), and we'll see how it performs frmo here
  • edited October 2008
    Hey.

I've dropped my overclock speed and lost alot of the blue screen errors, but I've had a blue screen in that time, with a more specific error info.

wink32k.sys address bf803E0C at BF800000 Datestamp 41107f7a

Only seen this error once, I think, with this particular blue screen.

Cheers, Henry
  • torymontorymon Askew, MS
    edited October 2008
    browha wrote:
    Hey.

I've dropped my overclock speed and lost alot of the blue screen errors, but I've had a blue screen in that time, with a more specific error info.

wink32k.sys address bf803E0C at BF800000 Datestamp 41107f7a

Only seen this error once, I think, with this particular blue screen.

Cheers, Henry

Re: STOP Error 0x0000008E
    Just adding my 2 cents...
    Numerous reboots, set system (cancel 'auto restart') to show BSOD's and found 0x8e errors (mostly!)...
    On pure chance, while researching and testing, I wondered what "Spread Spectrum" settings in BIOS were for... what did they do!?!
    Seems they are to "reduce EMI' from the CPU and data streams. Hunh! Just about everything read instructed to disable the settings.
    I disabled all "Spread Spectrum" settings in BIOS and systems been stable and no BSOD's for two days now!
    I had tested everything and still kept getting stop errors. No virii, no rootkits, no ram/memory stick troubles...
    Extremely random stop errors.
    Disabling "Spread Spectrum" seems to have helped!
    Hope this helps someone!

Specs:
    ASUS M2NPV-VM AMD Athlon 64x2 5200+
    2 gig DDR 800
    80 gig SATA (2) in RAID Mirror array
    No video card, using onboard Geforce 6150
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    All drivers up to date.
    All Windows updates current.
  • edited October 2008
    Hi!

So, yesterday I was installing a game and half-way i got the Blue screen of Joy. Anyway, whenever i restart the computer in normal mode, I get the same error again, after the windows users list is shown for a few seconds. I don't have to log in to get the error. I can enter safe mode, but i can't install the debugging software in safe mode, so i cant read the minidump file.

I have WinXP with SP3

The error itself is STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8052AB2B, 0xA9EB59FC, 0x00000000)

Any suggestions on what I should do ?
    edited October 2008
    Run Memtest86 and see if there are any errors.
  • edited October 2008
    mertesn wrote:
    Run Memtest86 and see if there are any errors.

I'm new to this, but I understand i have to run it by booting from a bootable memtest CD/floppy. The problem is that i dont have a floppy disk on my laptop. Is it possible to write a CD in safe mode ? Never done it before, so I have no clue.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
    edited October 2008
    Yes, a bootable CD can be used and you should be able to burn it in safe mode. An ISO of the CD is available from the Memtest web site.
  • edited October 2008
    Managed to burn a boot-up disk, took awfully long for some reason and it kept ejecting the disc before starting to burn. So far the first 33% of memory seems to have no problems, but ill probably leave it to run overnight.

In the meantime i tried to read the last dump file on another computer (the one im writing from at the moment, other is memtesting). Mind, I didn't know what to put as imagepath, so maybe it doesnt translate all the available information (windows help site was vague about imagepath definition). Here is what i got out of the dump though:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.9.0003.113 X86
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\dump\mini.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\program files\symbols
    Executable search path is:
    Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
    Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 3) UP Free x86 compatible
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
    Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x80554040
    Debug session time: Fri Oct 31 10:46:22.625 2008 (GMT+2)
    System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.218
    Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    ....................................................................................................................................
    Loading User Symbols
    Loading unloaded module list
    Unable to load image sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8052ab2b, aa1389fc, 0}

Probably caused by : sptd.sys ( sptd+172eb )

Followup: MachineOwner

kd> !analyze -v
    * Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
    This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
    the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
    as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
    Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
    coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
    /NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
    hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
    If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
    system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
    happening.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: c0000005, The exception code that was not handled
    Arg2: 8052ab2b, The address that the exception occurred at
    Arg3: aa1389fc, Trap Frame
    Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

FAULTING_IP:
    nt!`string'+267
    8052ab2b 66813a4d5a cmp word ptr [edx],5A4Dh

TRAP_FRAME: aa1389fc -- (.trap 0xffffffffaa1389fc)
    ErrCode = 00000000
    eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=aa138bdc edx=01000000 esi=01000000 edi=00000000
    eip=8052ab2b esp=aa138a70 ebp=aa138a70 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po cy
    cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010213
    nt!`string'+0x267:
    8052ab2b 66813a4d5a cmp word ptr [edx],5A4Dh ds:0023:01000000=????
    Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from f74c22eb to 8052ab2b

STACK_TEXT:
    aa138a70 f74c22eb 01000000 aa138cdc aa138ba0 nt!`string'+0x267
    WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
    aa138b14 f74c2d44 01000000 00000000 aa138bdc sptd+0x172eb
    aa138be4 805c633a e55fa420 00000114 aa138cdc sptd+0x17d44
    aa138c04 8063a0e0 e55fa420 00000114 aa138cdc nt!IopResourceRequirementsListToReqList+0x45
    aa138c08 e55fa420 00000114 aa138cdc 8601d908 nt!SepFreePrimaryGroup
    aa138d08 805c60eb 7c8106f5 00000000 00000000 0xe55fa420
    aa138d50 80541de2 00000000 7c8106f5 00000001 nt!IopResourceRequirementsListToReqList+0x2b1
    00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!Magic86400000+0x2a

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
    sptd+172eb
    f74c22eb ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: sptd+172eb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: sptd

IMAGE_NAME: sptd.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4391a4df

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_sptd+172eb

BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_sptd+172eb

Followup: MachineOwner

From what I make out of this text, it seems that sptd.sys is the culprit (svchost.exe is working fine right, or am i just being deceived by "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID" entry under sptd.sys?)

I also found some information that sptd.sys is involved with Daemon Tools. Now to think, i was installing the game from an image file loaded with DT.

I'll try removing DT in safe mode, after the memory test is finished in the distant future.

I hope someone with more knowledge than me comes around and says some wise words now :)
  • edited October 2008
    Did 2 full passes of my ram (1gb) with memtest-86 v3.4 and had no errors, so hopefully it's a virus that can be gotten rid of :)
  • edited November 2008
    In my case, removing of SPTD.SYS and SPTD7234.SYS (the number generated for filename is random 4 digits) from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers under safe mode worked. I also deleted some registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sptd

Thanks for the earlier memory check suggestion, now I know my ram is OK and I have a nice memtest86 boot disk for using whenever I need it :)
  • edited November 2008
    Can someone help me?
    I have Norton Anti-Virus and it detected Backdoor.Graybird and blocked it but my computer is still getting stop 0x0000008e errors and whenever I try to remove it my computer just crashes. I tried to follow Symantecs way of removing it but it doesn't show up in task manager. :banghead:
    edited November 2008
    Frozen One wrote:
    Can someone help me?
    I have Norton Anti-Virus and it detected Backdoor.Graybird and blocked it but my computer is still getting stop 0x0000008e errors and whenever I try to remove it my computer just crashes. I tried to follow Symantecs way of removing it but it doesn't show up in task manager. :banghead:
    You should probably go to the Virus/Spyware forum and post this problem, but in the mean time I would try booting into safe mode and repeating whatever Symantec told you to do.

It would also help if you post what exactly Symantec's instructions were. That way if another member runs into the same problem the information is available. Also someone may know of a better removal method.
    edited November 2008
    SilentW wrote:
    In my case, removing of SPTD.SYS and SPTD7234.SYS (the number generated for filename is random 4 digits) from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers under safe mode worked. I also deleted some registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sptd

Thanks for the earlier memory check suggestion, now I know my ram is OK and I have a nice memtest86 boot disk for using whenever I need it :)
    Glad to hear you found the problem!
  • edited November 2008
    Hello all,

First I'd like to say I really appreciate all of the info that has been dumped onto this thread. However, despite all of the solutions presented here, I have not been able to resolve this 0x0000008E bug.

First, I'll list the symptoms. Just like most of you, about a minute into booting my system (just as I take my first look at my desktop) my system crashes, and the next thing I know I'm staring at the blue screen of death. The blue screen gives me the generic BS about my computer restarting to protect itself. The screen does not cite any particular drivers. It merely lists the 0x0000008E error. Google searching this error brought me to this very informative thread. Unfortunately, my problem seems to be very particular, as I have yet to find a solution that works.

Here's the list of things I've tried in Order:

1. I began with trying Troll's solution of disabling the PE386 at the system restore screen. The program was unable to locate the file.

2. I then used memtest and let it run as I slept. No errors were found.

3. I then tried another method as described in this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/903251

Essentially this required renaming a series of files from the restore screen. I went through the list and found that my system could only locate one specific file; W32tm.exe. After renaming this and deleting it, I still got the system failure. Also, I should mention, I was unable to locate the registry items indicated in this solution.

4. Next I tried the method that worked for Silent W. I found a file named SPTD.SYS in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. However, I couldn't find that other file he specified with the random 4 digits. Also, I coudln't find any traces of SPTD in Regedit. Sadly, this did not work.

5. Next, I checked my even viewer for errors. I noticed that before my computer crashed, I got the following errors because the following services could not be located.

MSSKYE
    MSERTK

I couldn't find any drivers for them in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, however I found traces of these in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Controlset001/Enum/Root/Legacy_MSSKYE &
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Controlset001/Enum/Root/Legacy_MSERTK

I also found
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Controlset001/Enum/Root/Legacy_SPDT

Strange how it didn't come up in my previous search.

Anyway, I googled MSSKYE and MSERTK and got a bunch of foreign figures. I decided that if these were legit services of Windows, there would be English traces of these words on Google. I decided these two had to be the source of my problem. Therefore, I tried to apply Troll's method of Disabling through Windows Setup. This time, I typed DISABLE MSERTK and DISABLE MSSKYE. For each of these, the program claimed it could not locate the file. However, immediately after that it said "The service will now be disabled."

My hopes were high as I restarted my computer. Of course, they were shattered when I got the same stupid blue screen of death. I went back to the event viewer in safe mod and found that there were no system errors that caused that crash (at least none listed in the event viewer). The only event logged at the time of the crash was the memory dump. I also checked applications and the other two options. No errors or warnings listed.

6. I'm actually attempting this as we speak. I'm downloading some random driver for my video card (GT 6800). I'm hoping its the updated version. Anyway, I've read from others that that fixed the problems. I am hopeful, but not enthusiastic.

NOW, TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE:

I was playing around with some RAM sticks I had trying to see if they'd make the difference. Anyway, when I started my computer with the new ram, I was advised that since my hardware had changed dramatically since I installed windows, I would have to register my windows again. There are two problems with that.

a. I can't do it from Safe Mode
    b. In normal mode, the prompt comes up before my desktop is loaded. I would think that I'd be able to do it from there since the application that is crashing my computer is not running yet. However, when I try and register, it says that it cannot connect to the registry center. As you see I'm using internet in safe mode, the problem is not my modem or router.

c. I hope they don't ask for my registration key, because I lost that about a year ago when I moved into my apartment.

Anyway, as you can see, my problems are mounting. It is beginning to look like I'll have to give in, format my harddrive and buy a brand new windows (PS my windows cd is also gone. I created a bootup disk for restore.)

If you have any potential solutions, please take pity on me and post them. Thank you.
  • edited November 2008
    Actually my problem was that dust clogged the holes on the side of my cpu making it overheat. The Backdoor.graybird was just something that avast put on my computer so it could scan everywhere.
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Ganymede wrote:
    a. I can't do it from Safe Mode

Does it not give you the option to Telephone Activate?

You don't "Usually" need the COA Key for that, and it's an Automated process...

I'd also get a copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php it will install and run in safe mode. Update after you get back online...

You most definitely have a RootKit Trojan on your machine...
    MSSKYE Info http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?uid=1d1a722d-5a25-4439-9924-fad11f61813a
    That is a summary page, you might have some, all or none of the named files but the reg keys are the same.
  • MiyukiMiyuki Nova Scotia
    edited November 2008
    Hello! I don't understand much about fixing computers, but I know some mentioned here have been used on my older computer by a technician. My dad's convinced that I caused the crash on our "new" Dell, so I get the pleasure of trying to fix it, but couldn't find a similar STOP code anywhere.
    0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0x805677CB,0xACD3BB30,0x00000000)
    I was happy to find I had minidump records, and that's where I got the code. We recently switched from AVG to McAfee a month or so ago, and have tried changing and rearranging the RAM, but the code's stayed the same, according to the minidumps, though these appear in many to from the last four months we've had trouble:
    0x%08lX (0x%p,0x%p,0x%p,0x%p)
    0x00000024 (0x001902FE,0xACC06684,0xACC06380,0xF7B77886)
    Some don't have any codes, but the last code has something to do with NTFS?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Miyuki wrote:
    0x00000024 (0x001902FE,0xACC06684,0xACC06380,0xF7B77886)
    Some don't have any codes, but the last code has something to do with NTFS?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi Miyuki!

Sounds like you have a corrupt file system or possibly a corrupt ntfs.sys or even a bad HD...

Does the machine boot normally or just in Safe Mode?
    Are there any errors in the Event Viewer that reference "disk"?

You can boot into Recovery Console from your XP CD and run "chkdsk /p" to attempt to fix any file system errors.

Recovery Console Howto & chkdsk Syntax Here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

I also believe that your Dell ships with HD diagnostic software which can check the drive for Errors.

*** Any of these programs have the potential to wipe out your data or make it unrecoverable. ***
    BACKUP your data before you attempt any repairs.
  • edited November 2008
    I have gotten this error, it was out of the blue and not on any specific program's opening. Now it wont even let me on my account, it says click F8 to go into safemode but that doesn't work. I got it to go to a menu with that option but I'm not sure how I did, and when I pressed enter it just gave me a list of data adresses or something similar. I cant follow the symentac instructions because I cant even get on the computer. Any suggestions?:confused2

EDIT: I can get into safemode now, but i dont have the windows cd, is there a way to get the recovery console without it?
  • MiyukiMiyuki Nova Scotia
    edited November 2008
    troll wrote:
    Hi Miyuki!

Sounds like you have a corrupt file system or possibly a corrupt ntfs.sys or even a bad HD...

Does the machine boot normally or just in Safe Mode?
    Are there any errors in the Event Viewer that reference "disk"?

You can boot into Recovery Console from your XP CD and run "chkdsk /p" to attempt to fix any file system errors.

Recovery Console Howto & chkdsk Syntax Here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

I also believe that your Dell ships with HD diagnostic software which can check the drive for Errors.

*** Any of these programs have the potential to wipe out your data or make it unrecoverable. ***
    BACKUP your data before you attempt any repairs.

Thank you!
    The machine starts normally...at least, I'm told it does, and I have found the diagnostic software.
    The Event Viewer says a Chkdsk ran in 2007 that checked file system C:, an ntfs file system. McAfee's shield also had a few exceptions, and "harddisk" was in the pathname under "ScanRequest".
    I'm going to try a recovery, though I'm not sure if it's installed into the computer or not. I haven't noticed it during startup.
  • edited November 2008
    Hi I was getting a stop error a long time ago.. which I don't remember now but I'm sure it was very similar to what I'm having now. I had downloaded the Memtest and it has very many errors so I figured it had to be my RAM. I bought new Ram and the computer has been running great for a few months again and then blam. Here's the error again every now and then. And just tonight its so bad I can only turn the computer on in safe mode. I know the new Ram couldn't of gone bad this quick. Is it possible the Ram slots on the board are fried? When I'm inserting the Ram i hear some kind of crunching sound. I've always thought it was a little weird.

My BSOD has the same generic " Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage" Message and no drivers or anything. The stop error is
    0x0000008f (0xc0000005, 0806373fd 0xb9a4299c 0x00000000)
    edited November 2008
    thangorr wrote:
    My BSOD has the same generic " Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage" Message and no drivers or anything. The stop error is
    0x0000008f (0xc0000005, 0806373fd 0xb9a4299c 0x00000000)
    Your particular error is due to a problem with your Master Boot Record (MBR). The exact text according to Microsoft's support should be MBR_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH. This would lead me to suspect three possibilities:

1. Your MBR is corrupt. Boot from your Windows install disc and use the recovery console. Once that is loaded, type 'fixmbr', answer yes when asked if you really want to do this, and reboot.

2. Virus or spyware. When was the last time you scanned your computer for either one? Also it might be time to update your virus definitions.

3. Hardware failure. The hard drive may be dying. I would recommend backing up your data and looking for a new hard drive. Using the Marketplace tab at the top of this web page will provide some excellent deals.

Since you've already replaced the RAM I will assume you are somewhat comfortable with digging around in your PC. Before trying step 2, remove your hard drive and place it in another computer as a secondary disk to scan and clean. If it turns out to be a virus it will be easier to clean the drive if you haven't booted from it as key Windows and/or antivirus files may have been infected or compromised.
    edited November 2008
    tikitiki wrote:
    I have gotten this error, it was out of the blue and not on any specific program's opening. Now it wont even let me on my account, it says click F8 to go into safemode but that doesn't work. I got it to go to a menu with that option but I'm not sure how I did, and when I pressed enter it just gave me a list of data adresses or something similar. I cant follow the symentac instructions because I cant even get on the computer. Any suggestions?:confused2

EDIT: I can get into safemode now, but i dont have the windows cd, is there a way to get the recovery console without it?

To get into the recovery console, a Windows install disc is required.
  • edited November 2008
    Sorry the first set of numbers is an E not an F so it's actually the same 0x0000008e. I was able to boot into the recovery console last night trying to figure this out but now I seem to keep crashing on the last step as well. The second to last set of numbers is also different every time. I also ran memtest again and this time no errors were found. There's nothing really ever downloaded on that computer so I don't see how it could be a virus. But I have run a virus scan and nothing was found and I've run an older Ad Aware. Since I can't boot up the normal way I can only get to safe mode and it tells me an Adminstrator has blocked the newest Ad Aware from installing. Even if I log in as Administrator. rrrgh

Actually I just got into the recovery console and I typed fixmbr just to see what it was. It says that my computer appears to have a non standard or invalid master boot record and that if I proceed it could damage my partition tables or cause all partitions on the current hard disk to become inaccessible. Now none of that sounds good to me. When I load windows it makes it all the way to the log in screen and when I select the name, that's when it crashes. Now, since I put the wrong code in my first post I'm going to wait because I don't want to mess up my hard drive if that's not the problem.

mertesn wrote:
    Your particular error is due to a problem with your Master Boot Record (MBR). The exact text according to Microsoft's support should be MBR_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH. This would lead me to suspect three possibilities:

1. Your MBR is corrupt. Boot from your Windows install disc and use the recovery console. Once that is loaded, type 'fixmbr', answer yes when asked if you really want to do this, and reboot.

2. Virus or spyware. When was the last time you scanned your computer for either one? Also it might be time to update your virus definitions.

3. Hardware failure. The hard drive may be dying. I would recommend backing up your data and looking for a new hard drive. Using the Marketplace tab at the top of this web page will provide some excellent deals.

Since you've already replaced the RAM I will assume you are somewhat comfortable with digging around in your PC. Before trying step 2, remove your hard drive and place it in another computer as a secondary disk to scan and clean. If it turns out to be a virus it will be easier to clean the drive if you haven't booted from it as key Windows and/or antivirus files may have been infected or compromised.
    edited November 2008
    Go ahead and let Windows fix your MBR.
    While I can't say for certain, it sounds like something in your windows install may have been corrupted. Try doing a repair install after backing up your data.
  • edited November 2008
    mertesn wrote:
    Go ahead and let Windows fix your MBR.
    While I can't say for certain, it sounds like something in your windows install may have been corrupted. Try doing a repair install after backing up your data.

fixing the mbr did not help. I guess I will just at least attempt repair install. There's nothing I really need to back up on that computer. Just gotta reinstall some stuff I guess.. Hopefully it does help..
  • edited November 2008
    Hi, i need help !

Recently i've got an error saying: "virtual scsi driver not detected" from the program: Daemontools
    It pops up on startup and then i get the Blue Screen Of Death with this particular errormessage:

***STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xB724FB75,0xB600D7F0,0X00000000)

My laptop then reboots over and over again until i manage to get it into safe mode.
    I thought it was a problem with a virtual drive, so i uninstalled the program. (daemontools)
    It did'nt help a bit, only now the SCSI/RAID host controller drive in device manager has vanished.
    (I don't have the error protocol for the SCSI/RAID, before i uninstalled it had a yellow exclamation)

I still get the BSOD.

I've searched the internet for solutions and i must admit, that i dont know anything about computers.
    That is why i do not dare to try to update BIOS. I dont know how to do a ram check and everything i'd tried has had no effect.
    I've tried to do system restorage, but i can't get past the "validate restorage date". I press Next, but nothing happens.
    I've tried repairing my OS, but it seems, that for some reason it is not possible.

In other topics, people have posted their system specifications, but i can't find my own.
    This is what i could find though...
    Some of my system specs?:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1994 Mhz
    BIOS-version/dato COMPAL 105B, 29-06-2006
    SMBIOS-version 2.4

I dont know how to attach the minidump files.
    Please Help :S
    Thanks in advance !