Flash Player

scrumptousscrumptous Florida
edited November 2008 in Hardware
For some reason, I can't watch videos on youtube. I can watch them on Myspace, real player, and quicken. When I'm on youtube, it tells me that I have Javascript turned off or an older version of flash. I click to get the lastest version, but it won't let me download it. I've been to the support page and have done what was suggested with no luck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Eleventh-SunEleventh-Sun United States
    edited October 2008
    First I need to ask since its been so long. Is it working now, and just youtube's own problem? If not...

1. Is it working with any other internet browser?

2. I think I remember reading a while back about someone going into Control Panel--Add/Remove Programs-- Selected their browser (IE) and then clicked repair.

3. You could try clearing old internet data(If firefox just press Tools and Clear Private Data).
    Or even going into C:\Documents and Settings\*your user here*\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\ and removing a bunch of those folders that are named after websites (notably the one named youtube.com).
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited November 2008
    There's a flash uninstall tool. You would need to run it, then download the latest from adobe's website.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

[I realize this is an ancient thread, but at least the solution is in the DB now]