Buying Left 4 Dead?

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Gaming
I'd like to know if anyone's planning on buying or already has bought L4D? I ask because I'd like to get it but only if IC'ers are getting it. I don't care for playing with other people.

Comments

• UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I won't be buying it right away, but I will have it at some point.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I might but only playing with 3 others makes it tough to get into it... TF2 is my fun time.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I can't promise when, but I will have this game.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I haven't even had time to play the demo yet..so...
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited November 2008
    played the demo a bit looks fun, but not playing with friends as a team sucks.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Bought it before the demo was released for free.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I'm in the same boat as you, BH. I'm itching to pull the trigger finger, but I want to make sure I have a core group that'll play with me on a regular basis.

At the very least, we'll have each other...

/me hugs
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I'm buying it as I've been looking for a TF2 replacement since Valve seems to have forgotten about TF2. Demo, Soldier, Scout, Engineer, Sniper, Spy updates? Hello?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I will be getting it just not sure when
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Valve forgot about TF2 because it was making L4D. Supposedly they learned some stuff from making it so I'm excited about that.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I will be purchasing it tomorrow.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I didn't like it enough to buy it right away. Maybe when it gets down to $30...
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:

I'm with CB, when its been out for a bit and the price drops a little I'll take the bait.

Or if *everyone* on IC gets in it I suppose I'll pay full price :D
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I am waiting until the end of the semester to buy.
    edited November 2008
    Purchased it tonight so I can play it tomorrow ;)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:

Well we'll get to play L4D with CB in a year or so. Seriously, Valve games don't drop in price very quickly.

I pre-ordered. And am stoked for the game.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Well we'll get to play L4D with CB in a year or so. Seriously, Valve games don't drop in price very quickly.

I pre-ordered. And am stoked for the game.
    If you actually play it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    If you actually play it.

Whoah where's this hostility coming from?;D

I'll probably only get to play online on friday nights due to my home connection being dial-up, but, after Christmas things will be different:bigggrin:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    OMG THAT WAS SO FUN. I need this game...but the EQ2 expansion comes out tomorrow too!!! AHHH
    edited November 2008
    if you purchased the game you can download it now off steam. CST gets it 1 hour early :rockon:

RollEggRoll confirmed he has to wait til 12am PST haha
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    after Christmas things will be different:bigggrin:

Whoah, why so?

Gonna wait until Friday comes to buy it. Got a test Wednesday and some more homework that I need to get done and this would be too tempting if I had it. But next week is thanksgiving break so I will have a 'little' bit of free time to play.
    edited November 2008
    Would anyone be interested in doing a 4 pack purchase with me?
    edited November 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Would anyone be interested in doing a 4 pack purchase with me?

Yus.
    edited November 2008
    Done and done.

I'd recommend the same for the rest of IC - save some money.
    edited November 2008
    Only problem is the pack is borked right now and the purchaser does not have the option to send out the gifts. Seems a lot of people are having the same issue, hopefully valve will get their act together and fix it.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I don't think I'll be getting this. I played the demo last night alone, and while I'm sure the experience is different with friends/teammates, I just don't see it being much more than HL2 with zombies.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Whoah where's this hostility coming from?;D

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I hope it doesn't do TOO well. It would be a shame to lose the awesome TF2 games with 10 {IC} folk all in one game. I can only imagine how tough it will be to fine just 3 others and not get passed over for more experienced players. TF2's massive teams make it less of an issue since there are so many characters and teams are larger.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I think Q really hit on something here. I didn't realize before just what it is that I don't really like about L4D.

L4D is for people who are good at FPS games. I'm not very good at FPS games, but I can still play TF2, have fun, and occasionally even have a good day of it. In L4D, however, my lack of FPS playing ability also inhibits me from having much fun, especially at Expert level.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I am going to buy in a week or two, too many games not enough cash. Isn't there suppose to be a recession I keep buying a new game every other week wtf.