The Official Folding@Home Gauntlet Thread II

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Folding@Home
It is time for the gloves to come off! :rant:

It is time for you to lay claim to a that higher position! :o

It is time for deeds! :hair: (But the words go here, and let them be awe inspiring. :D)

Enter this thread to bravely, publicly state whom you will engage in combat. Throw down the gauntlet. Remove your Folding sword from its scabbard.

Attack!

The original Official Folding Gauntlet Thread.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I will be the first to issue a challenge. Not one challenge, but three.

Four years ago I gave up a small office with several computers Folding. I retired from military service and moved. My production plummeted after that, as I was left to fold with two home computers.

I never gave up, I never looked back...but I DID build a couple more rigs and adopt SMP Folding and GPU Folding when it was developed.

I am BACK! The "Reign of Terror" Leo is once again a force to be reckoned with. :hair:

JohnsHandbrake, oh Noble One of the southern continent of Australia. Surrender now with honor! :O

DanG of the vast, natural expanse of Canada, prepare to defend yourself! Fair warning. :range:

Isevald of the far northern Viking fjords of Norway, vacate your fort and I will allow you tranquil passage to another location of your choosing...or else. :eek2:

Stop me, I challenge you. I will rise, I will rise. :cool: I will take the Team 93 ensign, and it will wave on a high mountain in Alaska!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Position #99 currently held by ABF shall be mine/ours. The name of FreeC8675 shall enter the top 100.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    PS: Lsevald is from Norway ;)
    edited November 2008
    His Viking butt is still going down!

(post corrected to show true country)
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    SNARK. I'm taking my spot back and passing everyone between us. Just thought you should know.

<3
    edited November 2008
    JonsHandbrake falls in 5.4 hours. :rarr:
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I am calling out EVERYGUY, while he is still weak. Fall on your sword if you wish to preserve your honor or fall at my hands, to me it makes no difference.

.........NEMESISISIISISISISIISIISISISISIISIIS MAS0N I see you on the horizon my comrade we will see who truly has more wind in their sails in 2009.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    .........NEMESISISIISISISISIISIISISISISIISIIS MAS0N I see you on the horizon my comrade we will see who truly has more wind in their sails in 2009.

Bring it bitch. I picked up a 9600GT today to add to my fleet; should be pushing ~14,000 PPD by this weekend.

:D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Oh SNAP! It's on like Donkey Kong!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Fair warning. CB, you have 2 months to fortify yourself. I'm coming.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Fair warning. CB, you have 2 months to fortify yourself. I'm coming.

/me builds walls
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:
    * CB builds walls
    Rumor is that Buddy has Sappers on retainer... ;D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited November 2008
    Thought I'd pop in and say Hi,:D and I hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving.

NOW! on to business. I see the old "Gauntlet" has gone to part 2.

Why am I STILL 36th on the team? For everybody below my in the rankings,:nudge:. for the record, my last wu was over a year ago.

PASS ME ALREADY!!!!!

Icrontic 6 has finally dropped to 102, good.
    Don't make me drag a 10 year old board out of mothballs and whup somebody with it.:grr:

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.:vimp:
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'm claiming the defeat of everyone rank 300-400 on Team93 in 10 days.

Bring it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Hey Donut, good to see you! :D

Prag, oh is that all? :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Donut! Please come back! :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Hey Donut!!! :wave:
    edited December 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Prag, oh is that all? :p

For now.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    pragtastic wrote:
    For now.

It is not likely, I finally got the GPU client up and running on the 8800gt in this thing...
    edited December 2008
    You may have passed me now, but I'm getting 4400ppd with this 8800gt. I'm coming back prag.
    edited December 2008
    I'm still working out some kinks with gpu2 on my 4670, so we will see...
    edited December 2008
    Yes, every moment counts. You will not be catching me.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    right now SM21 is the 29th highest 24 hour PPD, and she's getting a 9600GSO thursday. So, everyone between the ranks of 30th and 113 is in her path :rarr:

that means Spike09, ICHQ, Clutch, airbornflight and 79 other individuals..

YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I love how detailed the folding stats get:

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="788"><tbody><tr class="alt5" bgcolor="#f7f7f7"><td>FreeC8675
    </td> <td align="right">
    </td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right"> --</td> </tr> <tr class="alt1" bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td>pragtastic</td> <td align="right">-271</td> <td align="right">355,034</td> <td align="right">-953</td> <td align="right">12.10.09, 6am / 1 Year</td> </tr> <tr class="alt1" bgcolor="#f7f7f7"> <td>ffiarpg</td> <td align="right">-29</td> <td align="right">141,705</td> <td align="right">-288</td> <td align="right">04.08.10, 5pm / 1.3 Years</td> </tr> <tr class="alt1" bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td>Sonorous</td> <td align="right">-363</td> <td align="right">367,747</td> <td align="right">-345</td> <td align="right">11.03.11, 3pm / 2.9 Years</td> </tr> <tr class="alt1" bgcolor="#f7f7f7"> <td>SM21</td> <td align="right">-16</td> <td align="right">100,931</td> <td align="right">-44</td> <td align="right">03.15.15, 2pm / 6.3 Years</td> </tr> <tr class="alt1" bgcolor="#ffffff"> <td>Jar3d</td> <td align="right">-59</td> <td align="right">228,700</td> <td align="right">-34</td> <td align="right">05.04.27, 4am / 18.4 Years</td></tr></tbody></table>

Good luck there guys ;)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    What you fail to recognize Jimmy is I'm adding another 4.5k/day so that 100k behind is gonna disappear pretty fast then.
    edited December 2008
    Looks like my rig crashed again while at work today.... so dropping back to 4ghz/core and having another go at it.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited December 2008
    Hey everybody!:wave:

fatcat, nice job! 2 of those 79 are me:D (Donuts and IC-6).

As far as back to folding....well I can try to goad some more production from the active team 93 members.

PASS ME ALREADY!!!!! QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT AND DO IT!!!!

How's that. :wink:

I still lurk occasionally, but RL has me kinda booked up right now.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    right now SM21 is the 29th highest 24 hour PPD, and she's getting a 9600GSO thursday. So, everyone between the ranks of 30th and 113 is in her path :rarr:

that means Spike09, ICHQ, Clutch, airbornflight and 79 other individuals..

YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
    EEP lose 3 rigs and everyone gets antsy has some building to do here and at home,whats that OOH 3 NV gfx cards and a DFI lanparty Jr, asusp5b new OCZ psu and another Q6600 and oodles of ram :bigggrin:
    prolly take a few weeks to get it all up and tested.
    I work fulltime in a supar sekrit base and care for mum who's 85 and has alzheimmers, I shall return and what with Xmas on the horizon some ATI folding wil be added :buck:
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    FRESHYP I am coming for you! (like tomorrow) :D
    edited December 2008
    I continue to hold of Prag's pathetic attempts at usurping my domain.