Metallica Concert!

edited November 2008 in The Pub
We went to the Metallica concert last night in New Orleans and man, what a great show and fantastic music. The laser show and pyrotechnics were outstanding during the show and their setlist was great too. Not one song from Load, Reload or St. Anger. :D And they performed 2 songs from their first album, Kill 'Em All and started the concert off with the opening from S&M, The Ecstasy Of Gold.

If you all have a chance to go see them on this tour, I highly recommend going. I've been to many a concert back in the day and this one compares favorably with any concert I've been to. And my wife, daughter and her boyfriend had never been to a rock concert before; what a way to break them in!:rockon: I'm kind of hoarse today myself from yelling and singing along.:vimp:

Here's the setlist they performed:

The Ecstasy Of Gold
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Of Wolf And Man
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
The Thing That Should Not Be
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc.
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - - encore:
Last Caress
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

In about a week or so I will be able to download the concert in mp3 format from their website too. I bought the download when I purchased the tickets and now that I have been to the concert it was money well spent.

They also had The Sword and Down as the supporting acts and they were decent. Hetfield and Trujillo both came out and played with Down on their last song of the set, Bury Me In Smoke and that really rocked the house too.:thumbup That was Down's last performance on the tour; their place will be taken by Lamb Of God and after them, Machine Head later in the tour.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC
    edited November 2008
    Language NSFW!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIuR5TNyL8Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIuR5TNyL8Y&hl=en&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Metallica doesn't do much for me, but live concerts are always cool. Way to break your kids in right.

I'm interested to hear how the recording quality is of the official bootleg. It's pretty badass that they can do that now. Technology rocks.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah it is neat. When I ordered the download from the Ticketmaster order they only offered it in 128k mp3. But I was checking out the Metallica website and they are also offering flac downloads of the concert on there.:( So I can see me paying for the flac download of the concert too in the near future. 128k mp3 just won't do the concert justice, IMO.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited November 2008
    Kids these days and their music. :shakehead

;D
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2008
    Very cool. I haven't seen Metallica in concert for a several years now because the last time they were through was for St. Anger and well no thanks and the time before that they wanted way to much to see them.

But they do generally always put on a live show and I'm hoping they come close enough to see them this time around it's an excellent line up.
  • edited November 2008
    I am downloading the concert right now. They offered to upgrade to flac for $3 more, so I took it. It's going to be an 866 MB download. :eek: I am glad I got dsl now instead of the satellite connection because that would have fapped me for sure.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited November 2008
    muddocktor wrote:
    that would have fapped me for sure
    they have that now? :wtf: where do I sign up?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Living in the North
    edited November 2008
    muddocktor wrote:
    - - - - - - - - encore:
    Hit The Lights
    Seek and Destroy

SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Those are my two most favorite songs by Metallica.

Kill 'em all is there greatest album...
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales
    edited November 2008
    I saw them in August in Dublin (2nd time I have seen them there) and am going to see them again in February in Manchester with "The Short One" as its round the corner from him. Its going to be a messy night, I can tell you that much.
  • edited November 2008
    they have that now? :wtf: where do I sign up?

Hehe, funny Brian! ;D;D I really stands for Fair Access Policy, which in human terms means "We will cut you off after too much downloading, sucker!" (no good bastards).
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Those are my two most favorite songs by Metallica.

Kill 'em all is there greatest album...

Yeah, it's one of my favorites too. :thumbsup:
    Necropolis wrote:
    I saw them in August in Dublin (2nd time I have seen them there) and am going to see them again in February in Manchester with "The Short One" as its round the corner from him. Its going to be a messy night, I can tell you that much.

I'm sure you and the Short One will have a blast! And be sure to spring for the download of the concert afterward as I am very impressed with the quality of the recording and editing! Metallica has gotten with the times and digital music.