300,000 PPD

mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
edited December 2008 in Folding@Home
We can do this and we can do it soon. Right now, with the recent surge in activity, team 93 averages ~265,000 PPD. The GPU2 client with few exceptions is not only one of the easiest clients to install and maintain ever released, but can also produce massive results. I see a forum filled with high powered gaming rigs and a knowledgeable crew of seasoned folders to assist with any complications that arise.

Assemble! Recruit! Onward!

:fold::cheers::fold:

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I slacked off for a few months, but I'm back and stronger than ever before:

letsdothis.jpg
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Just added a 9800GX2 this weekend. That's two new GPU2 clients roaring.

Hey guys, if it's just us, the true believers, we'll be right back where we were a few weeks ago - static. We've got to draw in new members and spread the excitement to those who used to fold but quit before all the new clients were introduced.
    I see a forum filled with high powered gaming rigs
    Yes, and I bet most of them would love to employ that shiny high powered video card for something fun and humanitarian when they aren't gaming.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I just finished ordering the rest of system 2 in my sig...

So I will have a 4850 and 9600GSO doing GPU2.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    It's no 9800GTX or 4850, but my 2900XT folds pretty much 24/7.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'll install a 3870 AGP video card (or another GPU-capable one) in my main PC if someone will sell me one at a reasonable cost. And get it on the GPU client.

Got to be AGP, though.
    edited December 2008
    It's no 9800GTX or 4850, but my 2900XT folds pretty much 24/7
    You're doing what you can for science and for Team Icrontic, that's what counts.
    edited December 2008
    We've got quite the upward curve going on; hit 301,509 yesterday! Good work everyone, this is just the beginning.
    Leonardo wrote:
    You're doing what you can for science and for Team Icrontic, that's what counts.

Exactly. All contributions are helpful. If people want to buy new or dedicated hardware that's obviously great, but there is so much folding potential just in existing hardware.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I got a 4870 zipping along now. And I have a friend with 2 high powered rigs that if pretty interested in folding. So I will point him at team 93 for sure.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2008
    Totally forgot to get my Ps3 foldin' again. Sorry.
    edited December 2008
    I'll be adding another 9800GX2 when I can find one for a decent price.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Actually I was looking all over the internet for a GX2 as well. Couldn't find anything reasonable. In all cases it was much cheaper to get two 8800gt/9800gt/960gso's.

Does the PS3 still crank out a good number of ppd or that a thing in the past? I know a couple people with PS3's I can try to get on board :)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited December 2008
    The PS3 is a supercomputer mang. IT finishes work units in like 2 hours.
    edited December 2008
    Unless something has changed in the last 6 months the PS3 averages 900PPD. WUs are designed to complete in roughly 8 hours.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    My hardware is ancient. I wish I had $$$. :(
    edited December 2008
    What are you running? I bet we can squeeze some points out of it.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'm not running at home, can't afford the electric bill. I have a few rigs going at work. The most cutting-edge hardware we have are a few P4s with HT.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    The PS3 known as IcronticHQ has resumed folding. Electric bill ++!
    edited December 2008
    I found a lightly used 9800GX2. We negotiated a deal and I bought it. Next Wednesday or Thursday I ought to have it installed and cranking. (The work promotion that's coming in about three weeks -knock on wood- will help with my ever climbing power bill. :hair:)

EDIT: I opened a 9800GX2 thread.
    edited December 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    I found a lightly used 9800GX2. We negotiated a deal and I bought it. Next Wednesday or Thursday I ought to have it installed and cranking. (The work promotion that's coming in about three weeks -knock on wood- will help with my ever climbing power bill. :hair:)

:rockon:
    edited December 2008
    The PS3 known as IcronticHQ has resumed folding.
    Team 93 + Icrontic Forums = solidarity.
    edited December 2008
    Well, we've stayed above the 300,000 PPD mark for a few days now, I think we can declare victory! Expect a 400,000PPD thread here in the next few days.

Also, I've just added a 9800GT to my last available PCI-E slot, so there's another 4500PPD :D

Great work everyone, keep pushing, keep recruiting!

:fold::cheers::fold:
    edited December 2008
    :celebrate:honoes::Rocker::cheers:TBH:cat:

Team 93 is back!

On to 400K!

Doing my part - two (yes, 2) lightly used 9800GX2s in shipping right now coming to Leonardo's farm. (ouch, I just might need to upgrade a power supply or two :p )
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Leo, there is no doubt you are doing your part. You've got some serious production rolling for Team 93 :thumbsup:

And way to dominate 300k ppd team 93!
    edited December 2008
    serious production rolling
    I really don't like standing out, except for setting the example. I realize that not everyone has the resources for a farm like mine, but if everyone would just USE WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE...