The Official Folding@Home Gauntlet Thread II

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I should be in the top 20 in ppd soon here.

I'm getting:
    ~2200ppd on my iMac at work (smp)
    ~5000ppd on my XP machine (GPU2 + smp)
    ~1500ppd on my dad's C2D (smp, going to setup tonight)

So hopefully in the next day i'll steadily be pushing around 8500ppd.

I'll be setting up folding on my new G5 at work too, doubt i'll get a whole lot out of it.

The race is on Fatcat. I got my eyes on SM21 :D
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    /cough is there something going on in here.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    My production is down to ~60% while I restructure some folding boxes and move disks around on my main rig, but that's not stopping me from blowing past Sledgehammer70, MJancaitis, and Buddha16 in the next 3 days and breaking into the Icrontic top 20.

:rockon:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    My desktop's been down for about 2 months now, so I'm surviving entirely on a single 8800GT's production. Congratulations to you.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    My desktop's been down for about 2 months now, so I'm surviving entirely on a single 8800GT's production. Congratulations to you.

Snark|rage ;)

I really need to figure out why smp won't work :(. I could use the extra 1-2k ppd.
    edited December 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    My desktop's been down for about 2 months now ...crying, etc

What happened to the desktop? :(
    edited December 2008
    Believe it or not, installing a frickin' mouse driver corrupted my BIOS somehow.

Just been too busy and cash-strapped to do anything about it. I am a sad panda.
    edited December 2008
    Well, good luck sir. Come catch me when you're back on your feet.
    edited December 2008
    I'll do what I can. May have to strap another video card into the sucker to even come close. ;)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Pix of your rig Spike! Both Thrax and I have the hots for the Lanparty Jr.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    We'll see a new five by next Saturday...unless you lot have anything to say about it. :fold:

p.s - List sorted by active users.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    We'll see a new five by next Saturday...unless you lot have anything to say about it. :fold:

p.s - List sorted by active users.

Not so fast! I am just ramping up and should stay just ahead of you.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26409&stc=1&d=1228430857attachment.php?attachmentid=26410&stc=1&d=1228430857
    edited December 2008
    I'm very impressed right now Goat and good on you, the first call has been answered almost instantly. I will watch your progress with earnest but be forewarned, ol' 23 may have a trick up it's sleeve in the coming days. :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding! the 9600GSO is folding!

so like I just downloaded the newest nvidia drivers... are there specials ones I should have gotten?

:rarr:
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    yeah make sure you got the CUDA ones because then FAH GPU2 won't use bascially any proc power and you can use that with the SMP client :)
    edited December 2008
    You're looking for 180.60
    edited December 2008
    jared wrote:
    yeah make sure you got the CUDA ones because then FAH GPU2 won't use bascially any proc power and you can use that with the SMP client :)

I have the 180.48.

I have the 9600GSO on a single core system jared, so no smp anyways.

I'll get the 180.60 tomorrow or so. Can you just download and install them or you have to uninstall old drivers first. I havent owned an nvidia vid card since the geforce2mx400 ;)
    edited December 2008
    go here, post up your output with clock settings I am really interested. about to buy two 9600GSOs want to know what kind of gain I can look to see, since its the G92 core you should be able to get around 4.5k ppd.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    lsevald,

Please enjoy your dwindling days at No. 1 while you still have it. Your time there is almost over. If you have any big guns not in service, I suggest you get them into operation. I fully intend to take your position from you before the New Year. Fair warning. Prepare to move down to No. 2. :D

DanG, it was a good fight. You and lsevald can compete for positions 2 and 3 when Isevald loses No. 1.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Yes, every moment counts. You will not be catching me.

Ahem.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    pragtastic wrote:
    Ahem.

I blame gaming all weekend
    edited December 2008
    adding a 9800GX2. So pretty much if you are not in the top 5 PPD, you're in my way. :rarr:

:smokin:
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    *target lock: Ic13 commencing f@h bypass*
    edited December 2008
    NNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEESISISIISISISISIISISISIISI, I am calling you out. We will see who will have spot 5 for ppd next week, if you shall prevail I will yield to you for 6 months.....to everyone else between me and team rank 20 BRING IT BECAUSE I AM!!
    edited December 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    NNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEESISISIISISISISIISISISIISI, I am calling you out. We will see who will have spot 5 for ppd next week, if you shall prevail I will yield to you for 6 months.....to everyone else between me and team rank 20 BRING IT BECAUSE I AM!!

Even if you pull ahead of me by a few thousand PPD I'll still have several months to add to my rigs before you get within passing range. Congrats on the new hardware, but don't get too excited :p
    edited December 2008
    vid
    GHoosdum
    Gargoyle
    art_vandalay
    Winga

You are the next 5 active members to fall to the mighty Keith Whitsitt juggernaut.
    edited December 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    vid
    GHoosdum
    Gargoyle
    art_vandalay
    Winga

You are the next 5 active members to fall to the mighty Keith Whitsitt juggernaut.

what the hell is SM23 now anyways, I see you went from 6k ppd to 12k ppd...
    edited December 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    what the hell is SM23 now anyways, I see you went from 6k ppd to 12k ppd...
    TBonZ wrote:
    I'm very impressed right now Goat and good on you, the first call has been answered almost instantly. I will watch your progress with earnest but be forewarned, ol' 23 may have a trick up it's sleeve in the coming days. :D

That would be the trick, played and yes, SM23 has had a boost. Admittedly, production is not all due to the one machine. I originally was in the market to boost my folding production but decided against it for impacting my gaming. So, I added a few duallies, another GPU and a PS3 to the mix.

This is in direct retaliation of your GX2 on it's way and recent insurgence into the Top 10. :grumble::fold::D
    edited December 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    That would be the trick, played and yes, SM23 has had a boost. Admittedly, production is not all due to the one machine. I originally was in the market to boost my folding production but decided against it for impacting my gaming. So, I added a few duallies, another GPU and a PS3 to the mix.

This is in direct retaliation of your GX2 on it's way and recent insurgence into the Top 10. :grumble::fold::D

So I shouldnt tell you I got a quad cpu and GTX 260 and now two 9600GSO's about to start folding next week with the 9800GX2? :rarr:
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'm coming for you pragtastic! I will be ramping up my production and looking overtake you within the week!