post count

hoojhooj Bournemouth, UK
edited June 2003 in Community
In my profile its saying that I havent made any posts yet, even though I made about 10. Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• hoojhooj Bournemouth, UK
    edited June 2003
    ok since i posted a new topic my post count has increased to 1, does this mean only new threads get counted towards your post count?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Post count in the bar(off-topic) is not counting (same as it was in Icrontic recently).

But it's removed from the "postbit" template anyway ;) saves on queries and makes the site faster to.

No biggie chap :)
  • hoojhooj Bournemouth, UK
    edited June 2003
    Cool thanks for the info, Shorty
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I like that idea. Keep a post count but don't shove it into people's face; nothing like "I have 100000 counts, bow down before me!!" :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    CyrixInstead said
    I like that idea. Keep a post count but don't shove it into people's face; nothing like "I have 100000 counts, bow down before me!!" :D
    HA!! You should kiss my feet if I have 100K posts :respect::p
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Yeah I like the idea of not having an obvious post count. Stops newbies feeling small.

/me mutters to himself "fine! they want to hide my post counts I'll just add it too my sig then. Bah!";)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    It saves continous SQL queries.. as does registration date :)

Both of which decrease the load on the server and make the forums faster :) it also frees up resources for hot threads and so on.

It's not just about hiding them from everyone and the "n00b" treatment. It's technical too ;)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said
    It's not just about hiding them from everyone and the "n00b" treatment. It's technical too ;)

Sure Sure.

What are the specs of the new server anyway?

NS
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    New server is a p3/1000 with 512mb ram, 140gb of HD.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    What was it before. I dont remember.
  • aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
    edited June 2003
    Shiet, what we need is some dual opteron's... :D:D

aW
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    aZnWanksta said
    Shiet, what we need is some dual opteron's... :D:D

aW
    Well do you have a few $k's laying around :rolleyes:
  • aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
    edited June 2003
    Actually... no.
    I was attempting to be funny. Thanks for the kill.

aW
    edited June 2003
    Me to. it's just that the rolleyes doesn't go both ways. :p
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    <
    But why no post count in left frame above avatar?

As for the number of posts, I think the max vbulliten can support is 65536 posts. And so far, it says I haven't got any despite posting close to 30.

---EDIT---
    nevermind, checked profile, it now says 4 posts
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ]<
    But why no post count in left frame above avatar?
    Shorty said
    Post count in the bar(off-topic) is not counting (same as it was in Icrontic recently).

But it's removed from the "postbit" template anyway saves on queries and makes the site faster to.

People really need to start readingthe whole damn threads, been doing it all night.
    danball1976 said
    [B
    As for the number of posts, I think the max vbulliten can support is 65536 posts. And so far, it says I haven't got any despite posting close to 30.

---EDIT---
    nevermind, checked profile, it now says 4 posts [/B]

Its because you only posted in OT and other non-counting sections.

NS
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    Shorty said

But it's removed from the "postbit" template anyway saves on queries and makes the site faster to.

Ok, I understand. Removing it allows for quicker speeds so that there are less queries to the database.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I think it's great that there's no post count listed. For both reasons, really... lesser server load and makes everyone on a more equal footing.

I also like the fact that you can change your Avatar and Title right away.

Overall, GREAT job on the forums. BIG BIG thanks to Shorty, prime, and MM! Also huge thanks to anybody else who did coding or contributed to the site in any way... particularly Keebs who post-whored AMDMB to death welcoming members back into the (eek bad pun) fold!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    mmonnin said
    What was it before. I dont remember.

It was a celeron 800 with 512mb, I think... Not sure on other specs. But one of the reasons icforums was so slow was due to the fact that all three sites shared a single db (bad idea) -- icrontic, icronticforums, and teamicrontic

This will be a bit different. :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    So we are gonna have more servers???:)

We used to be on 2 servers until Mort squeezed the front page onto the forums. Then it was one.