slow SMP performance

13»

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Thermal Spec for Q6600 G0 is 71C same as the Q8200. This is the MAXIMUM temperature at which the CPU is guaranteed to return good math.
  • edited December 2008
    oh no. i read the earlier posts. 2k ppd?! 2421?

@tbonz & mason: what os are you running?
    edited December 2008
    oh no. i read the earlier posts. 2k ppd?! 2421?

@tbonz & mason: what os are you running?

I'm running under Vista 64, and actually I'm up to around 2200PPD for 2653 @ 3.2GHz. This is still just with 3/4 cores.

Are you managing process affinity with something like Set Affinity II or Process Lasso? This is a must for maximum production when running SMP + GPU2. If using Vista I recommend Set Affinity II, otherwise Process Lasso.
  • edited December 2008
    i am. using process lasso. ill give set affinity a try. just jumped to 1942.. hmm. strange. would me running vista 32 bit have anything to do with the performance difference?
  • edited December 2008
    I DID IT! I DID IT!!!! 2232PPD @ 3.121Ghz
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited December 2008

That is certainly a lot better! I'm still running XP 32-bit edition.
    edited December 2008

:fold::cheers::fold:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Ahhh, good!
  • edited December 2008
    it was a faulty onboard LAN card driver slowing everything down. i dont understand what that could possibly have to do with FAH. case closed :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    i dont understand what that could possibly have to do with FAH
    When not working correctly, Ethernet cards can cause all kinds of strange computer behavior. They are strange animals if not healthy. In your case, the card was probably consumer inordinate CPU resources trying to configure itself with the machine and with the network.