problem with BSOD and CS...

qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
edited November 2003 in Science & Tech
ever since I started using Steam, I had a problem every once and a while, not a consistant thing that I could reproduce every day, where CS would randomly freeze, thus I would have to reboot it. I have no clue why this is happening, but it does.

today, I had a problem that whenever it would freeze, I would get a BSOD and have to reboot again. happened a good 4 times within an hour or so, maybe less. I went and downloaded new video card drivers and it seems to have solved that part of the problem, but CS still freezes. odd to me.

a point to note: I turned off the XP auto reboot because my comp was restarting much more frequently, which I suppose is why I'm getting a BSOD now. but still, a random reboot in the middle of doing something is unwanted.

any idea? I'm stumped.:scratch:

Comments

• qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
    edited November 2003
    had a BSOD today that said to update the BIOS, did that. but now I just got one that said something like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGING_AREA. can't remember exactly. woot...
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    How long have you had your OS installed for ?

Did this only since you started using steam?

Last time you updated video drivers?

All good places to start :)
  • qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
    edited November 2003
    XP Home got installed about a year ago, I didn't have the problems at first with Steam, they're just getting worse as of late, and just got new drivers yesterday.

:banghead:

looks like I'll be seeing if Wolf: ET works and playin that if I can.
  • qwikkqwikk po-town, nh
    edited November 2003
    hmm... rolled back to the 3.7 Catalyst drivers and everything is kosher for now... kinda weird since I thought that problem only affected 9600/9800 and I have a 9000 Pro. fine if it works hehe.