The Digital Camera example thread

1234568»

Comments

• danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited November 2005
    Here's my Kodak DX7630 (Photo reduced 50% from 2304x1728), from a rest area on Highway 287 near Fort-Worth, TX
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    I snapped this one of my niece today.
    Nikon D50, 52mm, 1/1000th shutter, f5

CK.jpg
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    awesome quality ...it helps when you have a photogenic subject as well!
    Adorable neice you have there kwitko!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    csimon wrote:
    Honestly. That would make a nice magazine cover shot. :thumbsup:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    csimon wrote:

Thanks! She's the love of my life. My girlfriend understands that my niece comes first before any other female in my life.
    profdlp wrote:
    Honestly. That would make a nice magazine cover shot. :thumbsup:

Prof, thanks as well! What's interesting is that I took the shot while not even looking through the eyepiece. I put the camera low to the ground and just started snapping. When I reviewed the shots, my jaw dropped when I saw this one. Just captures the innocence and wide-eyed wonderment of a child so well.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Very nice Seth. Composition, framing, contrast, color compliments, lighting - it all came together. Of course, Nikon optics help also give an edge.
    edited September 2006
    A few macro shots I took, color corrected in Photoshop. Nikon D50. 70mm focal length, 1/60th shutter, f4.5, with flash (-0.33eV). It's hard to tell, but in the third pic, the spider's eating a bug it just caught in the web.

DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Time for a thread revival.
    This is a lightbulb in a coffeymug, reflected by the light. Handheld macroshot, extremely closeup. The lens is almost inside the actual mug. Taken in Raw, auto levelled, slighly cropped to be smaller size and converted to .jpg.

F10, 50mm, 1/13 shot, ISO 200.
    Canon EOS 30D, Sigma 50mm.

Man, handheld macros really takes the fatigue out of you fast.

126162633447b7f1a472686_thumb.jpg

Link to full size
    edited March 2008
    I'll be taking some pics with this peni-- lens soon.

397525.jpg

Sigma 170-500 APO DG. Definitely has to be tripod mounted and requires 86mm filters, which sucks. Since my camera is not a full-frame sensor, it's the 35mm equivalent to a 255-750 lens. That's some serious magnification.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    That's some serious c-peen there.....
    edited March 2008
    I hope you will be more lucky with your Sigma than i am. I can't get a sharp keeper even if my life depended on it. On all focal ranges too. I need to stop it down to like F11 for a decent crisp shot. That is not why i bought a f2.8 70-200 lens. I pretty much have the same issues with a 17-50 f2.8 from Sigma too. I just got a 50mm Canon prime f1.4 and the difference is enormous. TACK sharp at 1.8 and after that and very good at 1.4 as well.

I wish i could afford some L glass with reach.
    edited March 2008
    I've heard people mention that Sigmas are kind of soft. I hope to put the lens through its paces today. Of course you're going to get better results with primesN but that's why they're so expensive. I'm not sure why I went for Sigma over Tamron considering my favorite lens is my 70-300 Tamron I took the dragonfly pic with. We'll see how the lens does today and if it's a bust I'll trade it in for a Tamron.
    edited March 2008
    Can't wait for a little review bro.
    edited March 2008
    You cannot hand-hold this thing under 1/1000th shutter speed. There's a reason why there's a difference between $700 glass and $7000 glass.
    edited March 2008
    I agree. I even struggle with the 70-200. Sigmas go well with beanbags though. The regular walmart tripod is useless. A fat Manfrotto is whats needed on these glasses.
    edited March 2008
    I've got a Gitzo with a ball head. Works wonders.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    canon digital rebel xt + 17-85 ef-s lens with IS.

taken in zee backyard.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25306&stc=1&d=1209236941
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Nikon D50, 18-55mm, f/5.6, 1/1600, ISO 400.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25307&stc=1&d=1209265964
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'd forgotten I took this picture skiing. Taken with a canon point-n-shoot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25494&stc=1&d=1212213897
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited June 2008
    DSC00344.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00332.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Mondi brought a big boy camera to the LAN. I have camera envy.

Canon EOS 40D:

IMG_0212.jpg
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited January 2009
    My son is getting a new Canon 12.2mp digital SLR and I think I'm going to buy his old Canon Rebel XT 8.1mp. I've never owned a digital SLR, but I want one. I don't know anything about photography but this camera might give me reason to actually learn something. There are some many lenses and stuff available that it's mind-boggling. I would really like to take some nice photographs from the porch of the wildlife that visits our pond about 300 feet away.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited January 2009
    Okay, I saw Seth mention Tamron lenses as being a good thing. Any thought on these lenses for the Canon Rebel XT? Knowing pretty much nothing about it, this seems like a good deal on a couple of good lenses. There are pictures at the bottom of the eBay listing supposedly taken with these lenses.

TIA for input.
    Bill
    edited January 2009
    These are big, so just the links. Took these on two separate occasions at the Bronx Zoo. If anybody can ID the bird from the first two pics, let me know.
    http://karpinc.com/pics/_DSC0823.jpg
    http://karpinc.com/pics/_DSC0825.jpg
    http://karpinc.com/pics/_DSC0840.jpg
    http://karpinc.com/pics/rawr.jpg
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Bit of a cross-post, but from the 5D Mark III, at ISO 8000:

Water 1

Splash 1

notbad.jpg