Building PC Woes

2»

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty sure it said .2v but I could be wrong. I'll find out soon!

Update: was wrong, it was .02v increments. I just set it to 2.1v and I got a no post. Going to sleep now but I'll mess with it tomorrow.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Okay, so RAM is still not running how its supposed to. I did some googling to no real effect. Here is a link to the [link=http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/asus_m3a78-t_790gx_phenom_9950/5.html]BIOS[/link]. If the powers that be could point me to the right settings for getting the memory running at the advertised 1066 (supposedly 5-5-5-18 timings @2.1v, from newegg) and any guides for overclocking this processor. I'm also very interested if there is a program out there that can overclock settings withing windows, like Clockgen. I dont think this board will let Clockgen work how it did on my older board (change all the settings I wanted too lol). New board is M3A78-T (not deluxe), processor is AMD Phenom IIx4 940 Black Edition, memory is OCZ Platinum DDR2-6400 2x2GB.

Thoughts? (should I move to the OC forum, perhaps after I get the mem issue resolved?)