F.E.A.R. 2:Project Origin

2»

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2009
    The link in the first post is broken, just gives me a reply box?
    I downloaded it yesterday but the download was corrupt and wouldn't open. This after a two hour download. Getting it again now through bit torrent, much quicker. I loved Fear and will certainly be getting it. :)
    edited January 2009
    Just played the demo. How am I going to wait till the 10th of Feb? I want it now. Stunning demo, just stunning.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Is going to get now
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I finally played the demo. It scared me after I went 10 feet, I turned around to make sure nothing was over my shoulder IRL. I really like the new HUD and the enemy tacking system its enough to help play but you have to look for the tracking boxes. Yes the health system seems like a cop out compared to the first but it seems the game might be designed around that.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Demo... was far scarier than the first FEAR, which I hold to be the scariest experience I've ever had playing a game.

They hit you hard and fast and don't let up. It is intense.

The part where the lockers blow open and the rigid body objects get tossed all over and your screen fizzles... crap man, just intense.
    edited February 2009
    First impressions: Scarier than the first with in the first 5min Alma is up to her old shenanigans and then some. I'm playing on the 360 and the controls are a bit iffy for me, and will probably take some getting used to, crouch and run especially. I strongly recommend taking time to find the intelligence it reveals much of what is going on and why. Also of note I never saw my health go up unless I used a med pack.
    edited February 2009
    Where oh where is that postman?
    edited February 2009
    Oh I really really hate Steam I really do. My game turned up but it won't install. Everytime I enter the key it says it's not valid, YES IT BLOODY WELL IS! I have tried every combination of i, I, l, L and 1 and the same for v, u etc, nothing will get it to install. Why do I have to register it with Steam anyway? I have now spent almost an hour trying to install this but Steam has screwed me up again.:banghead::banghead::banghead: I want to install and play the game, I do not want anything more to do with Steam.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited February 2009
    I can't wait to play it but I need to finish the first one. I've played many hundreds of hours on FEAR 1 Multiplayer, it was the perfect game for the labs since it was free for Multiplayer, freaking awesome. There's something about FEAR that feels so tactile and real—unless you're kicking someone...

Did they fix the kicking in the new one? How about free multiplayer?
    edited February 2009
    Ah, did some searching, doesn't look like there's any reason to expect a FEAR Combat 2. Oh well, guess will keep playing FEAR 1 in the labs on LAN games, at least no one cheats on there.
    edited February 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Did they fix the kicking in the new one? How about free multiplayer?

I'm not sure what you mean by "did they fix the kicking". I will list the kicks though; roundhouse, slide tackle, and the weird jumping kick thing. Also there is no such thing as free multiplayer for the Xbox but PC is probably free I wouldn't know though.
    edited February 2009
    Fix kicking as in if you jump and kick someone you can kill them from eight feet away. I think the malay system in general in FEAR was pretty unbalanced, online play always had one or two guys running around just kicking people.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I am dling the demo for Fear2 and alos fear combat, I never played them at all, I dont really ever remember playing a game that scared me that bad, there were parts in HL2 Episode 2 that got the heart pumping but that was just cause of the HOLY CRAP factor of swarms of giant bugs! Or the first time i played L4D It was 11pm at night and i had no clue about the shit storms of zombies
    edited February 2009
    Anyone know how long this game is am 2 and a half hours in and the chapters are long. Also can someone PM me how the heck you end up in the outer shell....one second I am in a building at then you know there?

Very impressed so far. Really like the little back story from creating physic generals. I seem to get small twitches in the game on occasion. The sound is freaking sweet, good track so far. The AI is improved so its not so easy, it takes better angels and I saw it even skip around 2 prox nades I left in door ways. Nuclear explosions are beautiful from any side.
    edited February 2009
    I'm disappointed in myself I've only played about an hour and a half into it. I just met the first Abomination. Holy bawls was that a trip though.
    edited February 2009
    I finally got it to accept my key just as I was leaving for work, understanding wife finished the install. I'm loving the game but have just one 'thing' with it. I wanted my son to start a game but it looks like if you do that all progress is lost and the game you were already playing is abandoned. There is no list of saves (only auto saves) or profiles that you could reload later. No big deal but it would have been nice, it's like buying a DVD that only lets one person at a time watch it.
    Unless some nice person has tried it and tells me I'm wrong?
    edited February 2009
    You could always install it on another user account if it's being saved in documents & settings, I'm pretty sure that's where the first game stored saved games, though profiles were in all users.
    edited February 2009
    i think i might pick up the first fear if it was that good
    edited February 2009
    Um ya I just played through FEAR about 5 times before I put it back on my game shelf.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Not sure if they've kicked the roundhouse hit detection/power, but I've played a bit of FEAR2 online and I haven't seen any kicking going on.

The DID fix the slide kick. In the first game if you slide kick a body it frigging LAUNCHES the ragdoll across the room. No longer the case.
    edited February 2009
    Nevermind I quit, too freaky!
    edited February 2009
    Nevermind I quit, too freaky!

Weeeeaaaak
    edited February 2009
    ! YES !
    edited February 2009
    DONE! 7.6 hours, 7 intervals. Played slow for a bit and played bum rush. Missed 12 pieces of intel, oh well. MISSED ONE INJECTOR, fail. The ending OH MY now we have to wait for another.
    edited February 2009
    When did you find the first injector? I still haven't found one.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Going to have pick this up today for PS3. The original was incredible, have to see how good this is!