What are you drinking?

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Great, now I'm thirsty, thanks all. What I'd kill for would be a Hoegaarden or, better yet, a 21st Amendment Fat Bavarian followed up with a smooth whiskey, probably Bushmills. That, or I'd kill for a Guinness right now.

did you ever get a shot at that Bushmills single malt?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Tonight, I found out my favorite bar (the one my roommates work at) has started to pick up Sailor Jerry again...$3 for a double Sailor and Coke: Is this heaven?
    edited February 2009
    lucky!

Speaking of which, enjoying a Jerry and coke, Cat in my lap, music playing, checking forums. Good times.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited February 2009
    Lynx, not yet, been so busy I haven't had the chance.
    edited February 2009
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    Having a Glenlivet 12 and enjoying the hell out of it.

http://www.theglenlivet.com <- They have a webcam pointed at the distillery!

Yep, that's the bottle I've been drinking for a while, really wonderful Scotch. So good. Now I'm thirsty again.
    edited February 2009
    So you guys are all listening to Beer School, right? Freaking love that show.
    edited February 2009
    Damn, I just picked up and opened a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush and it's completely blown me away. I don't typically have the opportunity to try $50-100+ whiskeys so take this with a grain of salt but this whiskey is hands down the best I've ever had. It's incredible smooth at it's start but it picks up some pepper as you go despite finishing remarkably clean. The color is an unusually dark beutiful amber that I assume comes from they sherry cask aging and provides a touch of sweetness with layers of complexity to keep you tasting.

I'll definitly be enjoying this bottle and it's at a price that I might put a few bottles away to continue aging, either way at under $35 this is an incredible deal.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I am drinking fatigue and blurry eyes after a lot of movie
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    I'll definitly be enjoying this bottle and it's at a price that I might put a few bottles away to continue aging, either way at under $35 this is an incredible deal.

Whiskey isn't like wine. Once it's bottled, the aging process stops. Those bottles will taste exactly the same however long you keep them (provided they're sealed properly - If not oxidation and evaporation will eventually kill them)
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what I drank last night, but my head hurts.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Coffee, lots of creamer, no sugar

-Bobby
    edited February 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Damn, I just picked up and opened a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush and it's completely blown me away. I don't typically have the opportunity to try $50-100+ whiskeys so take this with a grain of salt but this whiskey is hands down the best I've ever had. It's incredible smooth at it's start but it picks up some pepper as you go despite finishing remarkably clean. The color is an unusually dark beutiful amber that I assume comes from they sherry cask aging and provides a touch of sweetness with layers of complexity to keep you tasting.

I'm definitely going to look into this one. Sounds awesome.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Just bought a bottle of Chaucer's Mead. HOLY SHIT.

I may never drink another thing again.
    edited February 2009
    mondi wrote:
    Whiskey isn't like wine. Once it's bottled, the aging process stops. Those bottles will taste exactly the same however long you keep them (provided they're sealed properly - If not oxidation and evaporation will eventually kill them)

That's what I've read and heard often, but I've also recently had a couple of different whiskey guys on different occasions mention finding bottles of Whiskey and saying it was unbelievable, maybe they just made Whiskey better in those days.

Lynx, you'll be happy you did :)

Myrmidon, oh man, mead is soooo good when it's not a jolly rancher in a bottle.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Diet coke, all over.
    edited February 2009
    Had a Bushmills straight with my boss yesterday.

I think that drink is becoming my favorite. It's definitely getting close to challenging sailor jerry, but I think the old sailor's got an advantage - cheap and delicious.

I do love me some rum.

Speaking of which, currently drinking a jerry and coke, and oooh boy is it on the strong side.

:thumbup
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Gin and tonic, with the Sapph of course.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    We're drinking nothing at ICHQ. :(

Out of beer.

Life is crap.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    The fiance and I were drinking some "Chocolate Martini" shots for her birthday :)

1/2oz Creme De Cacao
    1/2oz Vodka

mmmmm.....
    edited February 2009
    Well rum at the bar, because @ $4 a double, you can't beat that! (They were out of Sailor Jerry, which is also $4 a double)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Sam Adams Irish Red last night, care of the Hallocks.
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm, I need to find a new green fairy to court, does anyone have any recommendations? I wasn't a huge fan of Lucid but I had a couple glasses at the most awesome Steampunk bar in LA last year and neglected to write down what absinthe it was.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    Sam Adams Irish Red last night, care of the Hallocks.

How was it? It's a brew I've not tried before.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    <-- going to LA SPECIFICALLY to hit up that bar. Nice find.
    edited March 2009
    Dangit! I missed the Edison while in LA for SIGGRAPH. Man, looking it over now, I'm quite disappointed.

I did get drinks with friends at a bar called 'The Redwood' in downtown LA, the whole place was pirate themed. It was so awesome, best themed bar ever. Tons of rum selections too. It's where I discovered Sailor Jerry.

Last night I tried the recently released Sam Adams White Ale. Excellent wheat beer for the spring season. Go grab a sixer, you'll be glad you did.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Their white ale has been around a while, and I always look forward to grabbing a six when they release it for the spring. I echo the recommendation.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    ...Sam Adams White Ale. Excellent wheat beer for the spring season. Go grab a sixer, you'll be glad you did.
    Thrax wrote:
    echo

3rd, MMMmmmmm MMmmmmm

Think I'm Gunna have a scotch tonight.

-Bobby
    edited March 2009
    So what are good Spring beers? I had a Holiday beer tasting before Christmas and everyone had a great time so I want to do another one but I'm not sure what to do. I thought about doing strong beer in January or February as January is strong beer month in San Francisco but I didn't think it would be accessible to a lot of my friends who always drink wimpy beer.

Christmas beer was great, good mix of lighter spiced beer and dark, often chocolate beers. Any ideas? Great, now I really really want another bottle of Brewery Ommegang's Chocolate Indulgence Stout. The perfect dark stout with a bit of dark bitter chocolate and very little sweetness. Most people liked the Sam Adams chocolate but if you come across Chocolate Indulgence you really should try it. Anchor's Christmas beer is also very good.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Moose's Tooth (Anchorage brewery) Eagle River Red. It's a classic 'red' ale form an excellent brewery.
    my friends who always drink wimpy beer.
    Oh, you mean the watery, beer-flavored beverages mass produced by Budweiser, Miller, and other wannabe beer makers?
    edited March 2009
    SAILOR!!!!!!!!!!!