HDD LED on all the time and won't go out

DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
edited March 2009 in Hardware
Hello, I've had my computer for quite awhile now. Built it myself, but never bothered to hook up the HDD LED light until now. I've finally hooked it up and the HDD LED stays turned on all the time, as soon as it turns on to the moment it turns off. I've tried flipping the connection, but that turns it off all the time so the connection definitely is not reversed.

I tried another LED which was stolen from a really old computer case and it is the same symptom. Anyone else have this problem? I know it's not the hard drive doing something because the drive is silent unless i do something to make it work (ie copy a file).

Any ideas which would cause this? I have 3 drives all WD and all SATA. The motherboard is an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    You sure you didn't connect it to the power LED?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You sure you didn't connect it to the power LED?
    First and last thing that came to my mind. Be absolutely sure you are using the correct pins
  • DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited March 2009
    Yes, I have plugged it into the correct pins on the motherboard. My power LED light works fine. Besides, the power LED has 3 pins not 2 so you have to be REALLY dumb to get them mixed up...
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Try reversing the plug. (ie:turn it over)
    I've had that happen on some of my builds when I was first starting out.,
    Just a possibility.
    edited March 2009
    As I've stated in my first post I've already tried that and it doesn't work. The LED stays off.
    edited March 2009
    I was wondering if it was my IDE CD Drive that was the cause, so I disconnected all my HDD drives and my CD drives except for the O/S and it still does the same thing. I've never seen anything like this before. I think I'll try contacting ASUS and see if this is a known issue or if there's a new BIOS update.