What are you drinking?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I've cut out everything except for specialty beers when they are released for the season....it sucks.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Chris, I hear Leinenkugel's 1888 Bock is a great spring beer. I haven't tried it myself, been having trouble finding a six at my local shops. It's technically a late Christmas/Early spring bock. Spring is spring though.
    edited March 2009
    Picked up a six of 1888 bock tonight.

This is good beer. Thick and rich in flavor. Slight bitterness at the finish and carries hints of caramel and chocolate. Real shame this is a seasonal.

Grab some while you can!

Also saw the local shop had Bushmills Black Bush on sale for $27 for the rest of the month in honor of St Patty's.

I'm buying a bottle before the month is up.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Lion Stout
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited March 2009
    Gratuibooze:

<object width="400" height="300"> <param name="flashvars" value="&offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Fkhaotic%2Fsets%2F72157614938394543%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Fkhaotic%2Fsets%2F72157614938394543%2F&set_id=72157614938394543&jump_to="></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=67348"></param&gt; <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=67348&quot; allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="&offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Fkhaotic%2Fsets%2F72157614938394543%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Fkhaotic%2Fsets%2F72157614938394543%2F&set_id=72157614938394543&jump_to=" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Also,

Water,

And lots of it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    a LOT

Nikki the hot Jersey bartender at Blvd 16 in Westwood was given carte blanche to "surprise me" - so after a wonderful (and long awaited) glass of Balvenie 15 single malt, I had one of her custom bloody marys (made with fresh horseradish among other things) and then a drink that had gin, fresh picked rosemary, and some kind of melon. After that she made a "Gin Dragon"

THEN my buddy Jimmy Z from detroit shows up with some of his boys, and he proceeds to buy a round of jaegerbombs.

I finished the evening with apple juice. srs.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Guinness for the next week, at least.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited March 2009
    Draught Guinness from a can whilst watching vids of British Sea Power on Youtube.

May just crack a little JD & coke innawhile. With lots of ice.

Or maybe some merlot.

Damn, what a boring Saturday night, John's birthday drink at the Coach and Horses was cancelled, he chose to take the wife for a meal.

My goodness.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I've been drinking Boon's Farm Sangria. It's actually a quite good Sangria. You could even dress it up with some fruit to make a cheap drink a little classier. :P
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    OMG FLOPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note: after the celebrations last night, alcohol is not on the agenda for a few days. Drinking lots of green tea instead.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I'm drinking orange juice I got with my subsidized lunch from the Junior High. Om nom nom.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I'm drinking orange juice I got with my subsidized lunch from the Junior High. Om nom nom.

The exciting life of an English major.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Orange Juice + Emergen-C. Feel a nasty cold coming on.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited March 2009
    Ice-cold bottled Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Probably everything in ~5 hours.
    edited March 2009
    pragtastic wrote:
    Probably everything in ~5 hours.

Self hate?
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    pigflipper wrote:
    Self hate?

Nope, try again.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited March 2009
    pragtastic wrote:
    Nope, try again.

Chronically over excited.
    edited March 2009
    Lots of new beers tonight. Plus piggeh, finished off that bottle of sailor at ICHQ tonight
    edited March 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Lots of new beers tonight. Plus piggeh, finished off that bottle of sailor at ICHQ tonight

Very nice, I was drinking straight from a bottle of Sailor by the end of last night...about the same time the cops showed up...ooops
    edited March 2009
    Tonight I had Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Bonus points to anybody who can ID this drink.
    edited March 2009
    Did it feel like getting hit in the head with a gold brick wrapped in a lemon?
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited March 2009
    pigflipper wrote:
    Very nice, I was drinking straight from a bottle of Sailor by the end of last night...about the same time the cops showed up...ooops

Were you about to fly too? ooops. . .
    Tonight I had Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Bonus points to anybody who can ID this drink.
    Recipe

1. Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
    2. Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
    3. Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
    4. Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it.
    5. Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract.
    6. Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger.
    7. Sprinkle Zamphuor.
    8. Add an olive.
    9. Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

... wtf!? :P
    Did it feel like getting hit in the head with a gold brick wrapped in a lemon?

and lol.
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Currently, I am drinking a nice cup of coffee w/ a good-sized serving of unsweetened soy-milk and one teaspoon of sugar. Excellent first thing in the morning while watch the Sunday talking heads.

Last night, I sampled a bottle of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout while read "Marx in SOHO." I picked it up from the corner store on my way home. Suffice it to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The $3.99 bottle was worth every penny.

Overall, the beer was hearty, smooth and mildly sweet. The initial rich, malt flavor was nicely balanced by a perfect amount of hops. Neither was overpowering, but the malt definitely took center stage giving it a nice, mild sweetness.

As this is one of the first oatmeal stouts I have tried, it is hard to say how it compares to other oatmeal stouts, but my tastes buds were in heaven. I would highly recommend this to people who like to sip a dark, thick beer after a good meal, or while chatting with friends.
    edited March 2009
    Today I sampled a bottle of Ninkasi's Believer Double Red, and while it's definitely not like any of the few reds I've had before, I really enjoyed it.

It has an intense hoppy bitterness that blends into a smooth malty finish. The malt also adds a hint of caramel sweetness that ties it all together nicely.

All in all, this beer has strong, complex flavours that are surprisingly well-balanced. I'd highly recommend this to people who like to sip a rich, well-balanced beer that's bitter yet sweet.
    edited March 2009
    Listen to me, I'm turning into a beer snob.
    edited March 2009
    hints of walnut and rambutan, with a smoked boar finish
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Got a 6er of Guinness Extra Stout last night....

It's one of the worst beers I've ever had. The after taste is exactly like taking a bite out of unsweetened baking chocolate :eek:

I just hope it's going to taste a little bit better when drank with some seafood chowder...
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited March 2009
    What? No, Guinness is never a bad beer, it's just a wonderfully dark stout that is exceptional if you like that kind of beer. Trust your pallet and all that but Guinness superb.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    What? No, Guinness is never a bad beer, it's just a wonderfully dark stout that is exceptional if you like that kind of beer. Trust your pallet and all that but Guinness superb.

So I take it you like unsweetened chocolate? :p