Adding Image Support to Windows Explorer

UPSKingpinUPSKingpin SirElkhart, IN Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Science & Tech
I'm looking for a method to add extra image format support to Windows Explorer (XP SP3). It would be great to have thumbnail support for TGA, PSD and PNG images.

So far, I've only run across one application that adds support for multiple formats: ImageXtender. As a bonus, ImageXtender adds the same support to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (an application I love for its simplicity). The only problem is, it doesn't work. After installation and configuration, there's no change in Windows' image support. Strangely enough, the ImageXtender site has no Support or Contact section.

Does anyone know of a method--or any software--that will give Explorer (and as a bonus, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) support of the above mentioned image formats?

Thanks!

Comments

• DJ_EvergreenDJ_Evergreen MB, Canada Member
    edited April 2009
    I tried installing it and my symantec anti virus picked up ixshell.exe as a trojan. False postive..?

And yeah... It doesn't appear to work for me either.

My guess is that the program is a dud.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, it's definitely strange. Doesn't seem to work, but a quick Google search comes up with dozens of positive reviews of the program.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I've never found any real solution, but I agree I'd love to find support for those formats.

HL2 screenshots, animation render frames, TGA. Frigging annoying.