Looking for a program writer

The-Lovable-Mr--HaterThe-Lovable-Mr--Hater Planet Earth
edited April 2009 in Science & Tech
Ok, this is going to sound like a weird request, but I need someone to write a program to run on Excel Spreadsheet.

hard to explain what i need, but if anyone wants to pm me, or respond in here, ill try and post pics to explain what i want. not sure if this is even the right forum.

thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Good advice on hiring a programmer: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/announcement.php?f=30&a=31
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Gotta be logged in to see that Keebs. :tim:
    edited April 2009
    Ermm, oh. My bad. :-/ Lame.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Explain.
  • The-Lovable-Mr--HaterThe-Lovable-Mr--Hater Planet Earth
    edited April 2009
    Ok, here goes. Not sure if I can explain this right, but I will do my best.

First off, we play in an auction league, so we start off with a set amount of money and "purchase" players. The players values are in the pictures (disregard the other statistics). The program that I am wanting is this...When I purchase a player, I would like the rest of the players that I need to automatically be filled by the best player from that postion with the amount of money that I have left.

Picture # 1 - Starting pool of players (very short version)

Picture # 2 - The Lineup that I need to fill

Picture # 3 - The way that I want the program to fill in players for me (higlighted in color)

Well, I forgot how to post pics on the page. Can someone give me a hand and I will post those as quickly as I can.

Thanks
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    This is going to require a good amount of VBA Scripting...and custom at that. And I'm not sure exactly how good VBA is at detecting information in a picture (I don't think it can)...
    edited April 2009
    Well, I forgot how to post pics on the page. Can someone give me a hand and I will post those as quickly as I can.
    Use the "Advanced Reply Form" button below, then click the "Manage attachments" button under the text box.
    edited April 2009
    Ok, here are the 3 pictures. I hope this will help.

As before, the first one is the beginning, the second is the team, and the 3rd is how I would like for it to look. thanks in advance for anyone who thinks they can help.
  • JBJB Carlsbad, CA
    edited April 2009
    You'll need to specify your "best" criteria. What made Portis+Wayne better than Addai+Wayne or Peterson+Moss or ...
    edited April 2009
    well, if you notice, i have to fill in more than 3 spots ( a total of 14 all together, and a minimum of $1 per player must be spent). that was just an example of 3 players that would leave me enough money to fill the other spots.