What are you drinking?

Comments

• chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited March 2009
    I do actually ;-)
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited March 2009
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    Got a 6er of Guinness Extra Stout last night....

It's one of the worst beers I've ever had. The after taste is exactly like taking a bite out of unsweetened baking chocolate :eek:

I just hope it's going to taste a little bit better when drank with some seafood chowder...
    ECK was that the Guinness original or the one with the co2 widget, totally different drinks.
    edited March 2009
    Oh yeah, that's a really good point, those do come off a lot different, I've almost always bought the widget in a can ones or gotten Guiness on tap and I forgot about the other one.

If you did have them in a can did you pour it into a glass? That can also totally change how it tastes.

On that note, what do you guys think of the new Guiness bottles with their own widgets that you're supposed to drink out of the bottle? I don't like them early as much as the cans.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Oh yeah, that's a really good point, those do come off a lot different, I've almost always bought the widget in a can ones or gotten Guiness on tap and I forgot about the other one.

If you did have them in a can did you pour it into a glass? That can also totally change how it tastes.

On that note, what do you guys think of the new Guiness bottles with their own widgets that you're supposed to drink out of the bottle? I don't like them early as much as the cans.

It's actually Guinness that is made by Labatt's....In a bottle...5%...
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Today, I tried a bottle of Rogue's Shakespeare Stout that I picked up at the corner store, which, I have discovered, has a pretty impressive selection of beer.

Overall, this beer was slightly bitter with hints of dark chocolate and toasted malt, but unlike the last few beers I have tried (Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout and Ninkasi’s Believer Double Red), the hops definitely stood out a bit more this time.

The flavours were crisp and earthy, but not as well-blended as I would have liked. It also had a bitter, semi-dry finish. Nevertheless, it was highly drinkable and surprisingly smooth.

I would definitely recommend this to people who like to sip dark, slightly bitter beers with a touch of sweetness.
    edited April 2009
    Just had some Duchesse De Bourgogne. What a surprising beer. The flavours were crisp and well-pronounced, but conflicting, although not necessarily in a bad way.

Overall, it struck me as fruity, tart and quite acidic, with a hint of sweetness and a sour finish. But it was also refreshing, not unlike sparkling apple cider.

I actually bounced between liking and not liking this beer between each sip. It’s not bad, though, just takes some getting used to.

I’d recommend this beer to people who like crisp, fruity beers, or hard cider, and don’t mind a little sourness or the taste of apple cider vinegar.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Gibson's Whiskey with a ****ing drunk.

Most bullshit booze in the world. Tastes like crap and turns you into an even worse person...

0.5/10

Pure fail.....
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:

I don't like them as much, but they do OK. I love Guinness. If I could only drink one beer everyday for the rest of my life, it'd be Guinness draught. The Extra Stout is also pretty good, not excellent, but definitely not the worst beer ever or whatever. Mr TRiot, I am assuming you just don't like stout.(?) You should try the Guinness Draught in a can (pour to glass) or on tap.

Also, unsweetened chocolate FTW :rockon:
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Shiner Bock
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Shiner Bock

:cheers: me too, tonight.
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited April 2009
    Guinness is a bit like motor oil, but a 12 pack of bottles was the first thing I bought when I turned 21. Just wanted something different, and I ended up liking it. It doesn't go well with a bbq on a sunny day, that's a fact. Actually I can't think of one situation it goes well with, I'd feel out of place drinking one at a bar, friends house, bonfire, etc...
    I'm near Milwaukee so Miller Light is engraved in my tradition, never met anyone who had gripes about it. My fall back beer for sure.

Ok now to anwser the original question... Protein shake. Yep I'm trying to gain weight/muscle. I'm out of milk so I had to mix the powder in water and as I'm writing this the bottle is almost empty but it's been a hard road, choking this thing down. Milk is the way to go
    edited April 2009
    Huh, Guinness is probably the beer I order most when I'm out at bars that have it. It's always the right beer to have when it's really cold out and it does go pretty well with pizza, some burgers and like, anything that can really stand it's ground with the Guinness. Makes terrible beer can chicken though :)

As for Miller Light, I've actually never had it but if you ask around on the West coast, or at least anywhere north of LA you'll hear people gripe about it. Not saying it's bad though.

Protein shake sounds yummy, I wish I could say I've ever needed to gain weight before. Maybe someday.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Last night was Bombay Sapphire. Normally I don't drink Bombay, can't afford it, but my buddy Jim gave my friend Erin and I a bottle last night that he had laying around; good times ensued along with much falling over and random cursing at cars driving by on the street.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Last night Ketel One and Rock Star

-Bobby
  • GarthawpGarthawp USA
    edited April 2009
    Good ole moonshine.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Pigflipper - Bombay Sapphire is really good. It's one of my favorite gins, but it's too expensive. If I'm paying a premium I'd rather get a bottle of Citadelle. I love the stuff to death.

I'm still waiting on an Oberon fix....
    edited April 2009
    Yesterday I had a Sierra Nevada Early Spring Beer (ESB) and the—always wonderful—Hoegaarden White.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Lynx! Oberon on tap at Foran's! :D
  • rayrayrayray Phoenix, Az
    edited April 2009
    I'm about to kick out a non-paying roommate so cheap Mexican beer for me.
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    pigflipper wrote:
    Last night was Bombay Sapphire. Normally I don't drink Bombay, can't afford it, but my buddy Jim gave my friend Erin and I a bottle last night that he had laying around; good times ensued along with much falling over and random cursing at cars driving by on the street.

mmmm... gin. i usually drink Sapphire for my G&Ts, and Tanqueray for my dirty martinis. i love Hendricks, however, over ice or with a bit of tonic. i can't wait for it to warm up a bit so i can bring gin back in the rotation. it is such a warm weather drink.

lately i have been drinking Jameson almost exclusively, with a couple pieces of ice to mellow it out a little. usually i am a bourbon drinker, but i'm out of Knob Creek and the only other whiskey i have is Pikesville Rye, which is pretty rough but gives me the warm fuzzies since it's a local recipe.
    edited April 2009
    Tonight I'll be savouring a bottle of 2005 Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon.

As for gin, I've heard that New Amsterdam is pretty good. ;)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Lynx! Oberon on tap at Foran's! :D

Don't remind me!

FINALLY picked up a six pack of Oberon. Had one last night while playing TF2, wonderful memories returned.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Shock Top Belgian White...Not earth shattering, but palatable.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited April 2009
    St.Peter's Honey Porter.

One of the smelliest beers I have ever drunk.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I had a Blue Moon last night.... I had heard it was good, enough that I would tell others it was good, but can't remember ever trying it. Holly Joe Pesci it taste like candy with alcohol. Delicious!

-Bobby
    edited April 2009
    Drinking water after the shitshow last night.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Sat in a Tea shop in Shantou China last night. The sweet little girls made us 12 different kinds of tea. We sat and tasted tea for nearly three hours.
    Like with a lot of drinks, having a chance to make direct comparisons wes very interesting.
    Of course I ended up spending nearly $100US. My buddy from Taiwan spent more than that. Seems that some of this tea is difficult to get outside of China. (red tea and aged teas)

Then we came back to the hotel for a foot massage and sipped on some Johnnie Walker Green. Life is so hard.
    edited April 2009
    Breckenridge Brewery's Vanilla Porter. Really yummy, smooth and dark with all the vanilla and a some spices on the finish.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    castillo rum + rc cola. CHEEEEP night.
    edited April 2009
    Tonight I shall be drinkin good ol' Sailor til I ain't standin no more!