Where are the Folding sigs ?

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Folding@Home
Forgive me if this has been covered , but a search for "folding sig" brings up just about every post on the forum.

Are the folding sigs gone for every body? Or am I alone in not seeing them ?
All I see is [folding_sig 1 ] where everybodys folding sig should be.

So will they be back or should we all remove the code from our signatures.

Or is it just me?

Scott

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Here's my story:

First, I know the forum search is terrible now. I'm working on a new forum skin that will also replace that search with a Google site search. For now, go to the front page and use that search box for better results.

The folding signatures are annoyingly complicated. On top of everything else, a particular line of code has to be added to the vBulletin core files in a particular place for them to work. This means that every time I upgrade the forum, it gets wiped out and has to be re-hacked. The last time I upgraded the forum, I couldn't remember where the hack went and I can't find where I wrote it down. :-/

Add on top of this that:
    • the sig generator is still full of Short-Media backgrounds
    • it's needlessly complex to use
    • it only works on Icrontic

And you end up with a developer who's very reluctant to sink a day into fixing a very backward system :-/ The alternative is to start from scratch, which would probably kill a few weeks of my time. Neither sounds really appealing to me when I'm already buried in bugs and requests from the staff.

The short version is yes I recognize it's a problem I have to sort out but I can't commit to a schedule of when it'll be done. :-/
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2009
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Matt

Not a problem !!

I was not sure if it was just me or for everybody.

And I'm sure that the search string "folding sig" brings up every page beacuse it is on every page ! That would be hard to narrow down.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    You are doing an awesome job , the whole site has never looked better !

Thanks

Scott
    edited April 2009
    Kwitko wrote:

Thanks Seth

that works just fine for me. Is that OK with you Matt ?

Scott
    edited April 2009
    Sure, anyone's definitely clear to use any sigs they find elsewhere for Folding or other activities.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    This was tasked to me a while ago to cut my teeth on, and then my life and job decided to eat me.

I have partially functioning code on my box at home...someone poke me to actually do it instead of my twitter client.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    :nudge:
    edited April 2009
    Here is the code for my sig above in Icrontic Blue

img]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=21630c1=FFFFFF&c2=2758A8&c3=2758A8&c4=0000CC&c5=FFFFFF[/img

I have left the brackets off the out side of the tags so you can see it, don't forget to put them back. Also Don't forget to change it toYOUR EOC number ( u=your number )

And here is the breakdown on the color field if you want to tweak some more

c1 = Default Text Color
    c2 = Background Body Color
    c3 = Background Header Color
    c4 = Border Color
    c5 = Override Text Rank Colors

Scott
    edited April 2009
    Looks good, scott :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks, Scott!!!!!

The Folding signature is so important for the team - recruiting, maintaining, and morale. Good to have it back finally. Although I check stats daily at Extremeoverclocking, I did not know they had a signature generator.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited April 2009
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks Scott!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    hawt
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Also, I like to have mine link to my page out on EOC stats. Paste this onto the beginning of your existing signature code:
    [url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=207797"][u]

You want to replace my user ID with your own, unless you really like me I guess.

Then, make sure you close the tags; paste this onto the very end of your existing signature code:
    [/ U][/ URL]

Just remove the spaces I placed between the forward slashes and the "U" and the "URL", lest you look silly.

In case that's not clear, here's a pic of my signature code:

attachment.php?attachmentid=26966&stc=1&d=1240295040

My colors are different, but you get the idea.
    :cheers:
    edited April 2009
    Thanks to Kwitko for pointing out the code !

I just changed a couple of color values.

Thanks to mas0n for the additional "linkage" code.
    Leonardo wrote:
    The Folding signature is so important for the team - recruiting, maintaining, and morale.

I could not agree more !

If anybody sees a folder without a sig, lets point them here and get them sigged up.
    The Sig Police ?

That is of course until MiracleManS gets the Icrontic code done. Or should we release him from this servitude and just use the EOC generator ? This sig looks fine to me.

Scott
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'd love to see what MiracleManS has up his sleeve. As of last night, he said he was working on the sigs.
    edited April 2009
    scott wrote:
    release him from this servitude
    Nay m'lord, the boy has much work to do. :mouldy:
    edited April 2009
    It's going to be nice, I promise. Now, if I can just get my netbook completely set up...
    edited April 2009
    It's going to be nice, I promise.
    [folding_sig1]
    [folding_sig2]
    CoJ08
    Hope that's not a sample. Shame on you, Buddy J! Did MMS make that for you?
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    He did. It's clearly in beta.
    edited April 2009
    MORE BETA CODE LEAKED !!

attachment.php?attachmentid=26970&stc=1&d=1240358113

Just kidding

Scott
    edited April 2009
    That's an awesome design. Very classy.
    edited April 2009
    Actually, if people wanted to throw Icrontic/Team 93 themed images (such as that) my way, I'd be more than happy to work with them and see what I can get rolling.
    edited April 2009
    Actually, if people wanted to throw Icrontic/Team 93 themed images (such as that) my way, I'd be more than happy to work with them and see what I can get rolling.

I do kinda like the fedora.

The attached image is .jpg and 200 x 200 will that work ?

Scott

and added a flipped image pointing the Icrontic direction
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited April 2009
    I'd wear one of those! (In real life and in my signature ;D ) Very nice.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'm kinda bias, but at the end of 2008 I started making some new folding sigs just for my own use, since we could use custom backgrounds on with the old sig generator.

Here is the one I was using. I think I had a few others, but this was the one that I have uploaded atm.
    picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=131
    edited April 2009
    You'll have that option. Custom backgrounds will exist. But I'm looking for input from everyone and going to use some of them as standard.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited April 2009
    Ok, I finally fixed mine, even making sure I use the Arcs_aqua color on it.
  • fmuellerfmueller Auckland, NZ Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Stupid question - how can I find out what my EOC number is? :scratch:

Frank
    edited June 2009
    You won't find yourself with a number, rather your Folding@Home name. The Icrontic team number is 93, but your personal number is only rank, subject to change.