Folding@Home on Ubuntu

drasnordrasnor Starship OperatorHawthorne, CA Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Folding@Home
My own inadequacies as a script programmer got me looking for management tools for FAH on Ubuntu. Luckily, there's someone out there that knows what they're doing:

Origami
I wrote origami to make Folding @ Home feel more native on Linux systems. I also very regularly work in lab environments where I have a number of machines at my disposal for testing. For this reason I created the deployment features for hands-off Folding @ Home deployment to multiple machines.
I've been running Origami for the past day or so and it's made managing FAH on Ubuntu a lot easier. If any of you have been having trouble with Folding on Ubuntu I highly recommend that you give this a shot. The package can be installed through Synaptic once you add their Launchpad source to your Software Sources.

To do so, simply open System > Administration > Software Sources, click the Third Party Software tab, and click Add and enter the appropriate deb link from the page linked above. Then, search for origami in Synaptic. Configuration and usage is from the command line.

-drasnor :fold:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for considering our Linux folders.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Nice find, Dras. I'll have to check this out.