Hughesnet Router Setup?

edited May 2009 in Science & Tech
So my parents moved to an area where they can't get dsl/cable internet, so they are having to resort to hughesnet....and if you haven't used it consider yourself lucky...but I digress. I went over there yesterday to try to set up the router and for the life of me, I could not get it to work. The router in question is a dlink di-624 that was working at their old house last week just fine. I reset all the settings when I got there to be safe and set it up with no luck. Anyone have any luck with a hughes system for routing?

This company is so crappy that they don't even provide support at all for any networking issue, which blows my mind. It's also $80 a month and they admit to packet-shaping.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried connecting the computer directly to whatever you got from hugesnet and see if you can get a connection that way? That will pretty much tell you how you need to setup your router.
  • edited May 2009
    Direct connection works fine.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    Then your modem is probably also a router. Reset your d-link router to factory defaults and set the connection type to DHCP.