<Icrontic> Guild Info

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    aww <3
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    dropped blacksmithing and did engineering.

now I make these:

snow.JPG
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I need someone to make me some elixers for leatherworking, just a few minor items currently.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Nicea (Anne) is our alchemist; just send her a letter letting her know what you need.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I can haz SoW?
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Oh so sad, I've been trying to get back into WoW, but I see the IC guild is horde..... maybe I should just start a new toon and skip what would've been a $25 transfer fee anyway ;)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Crazy Joe,
    What kind of pings are you getting on this server. I assume your on the IC guild server.
    I don't want to end up with 250 ping and have to do a $25 transfer fee to another server etc.
    Don't know how the system works.
    I've got DSL 6.0 in Fl. The next deal up from my dsl is T1. So, It's pretty fast.
    Can I get into the IC Guild? What kind of pings are playable.
    If So, OK Guys & Gals, I need instructions. How and where do I get started.
    Should I get the $13.99 per month for a 3-month recurring subscription
    or the $12.99 per month for a 6-month recurring subscription.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I have read a little about the game and think I'd really like it.
    I have played Lineage II / Guild Wars / Travian and really enjoyed those.
    I think Lineage II was my favorite.
    Seems WOW is a leveling game similar to Lineage II with much bigger game play.
    Should I pick a normal realm to get started?
    edited June 2009
    WoW is a little more about playing with people, there are a lot of things that have to be done in groups to finish them at the correct level. Just join us, most people aren't pricks about PvP. I have helped out Alliance a few times on their quest.....then killed them afterwards while they were healing.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    In comparison to Lineage II, (i haven't played it but people have told me) the game is much much more forgiving. In Lineage II (if this is true.. ) its heavily pvp based and when you die, you have a chance to drop any item you currently have equipped, but in wow it is not the case. Deaths in wow just cost you a little gold to repair and a bit of a walk back to your corpse.

In comparison to guild wars, it has an insane amount of content, but isn't as friendly with social interaction in the sense of having multiple, not just one server. Guild Wars I've always seen as a fairly casual game, as the level cap is 20 (last i looked...).

One thing to note with wow, is EVERYONE plays it... isn't too big of a problem, but theres a lot of people saying they r super l33t when in reality they suck, or people being jerks and just not caring since they can generally find likeminded people to hang around with etc.... but then again thats in every mmo.

Wow has PVE, PVP and suffers some issues because of trying to keep these balanced. Makes it difficult to buff things for pvp when it massively effects pve as well. But overall blizzard does a very good job at trying to keep these things balanced.

As far as PVP vs. PVE server its mostly based on your preference, isn't a big deal either way. Main thing to note is that if your wanting to raid a ton, get on a pve server, if your wanting to pvp goto a pvp server. (duh?) While there is a lot of overlap of people on both types of servers, finding people who are interested in the same things you are is the key. If your planning to raid.... make sure you have 3-5 days a week to spend around 3-4 hrs (something like 7-11) on a regular basis. PvP you just need 0 - 4 friends to play with. PVP theres 2 types, arena and BGs, bgs = run around and kill stuff w/ some objectives & arena = gladiator style matches TO THE DEATH.

If your wanting to join icrontic, then the whole server type doesn't matter :P just join their server and play.

Wow is fairly good with updates as well... generally about every 3ish months they release a decent sized patch releasing some sort of new content. For people like me who played it a ton... (i've played it for ~4 years... most of my freetime, but now i've stopped playing) you tend to get burnt out and annoyed waiting for something new.

For the casual, don't raid it won't work, pvp can though. There are also 5 man instances and 10 man ones that you can play as well, although the gear there is not nearly as good (since its easier to get). In terms of leveling, Its probably a bit like guild wars. The world is MUCH more expansive though, and has a lot more freedom in where your able to goto and explore. Guild wars tends to be a bit restrictive in your paths from what i've seen.

The other option with the game is to just constantly level new characters if your into that kind of thing. I personally like to focus on one character and max him out, but i do know a guy who just leveled a character to the max rank, then shelfed him and started a new character.... over and over...

hmhm... guess thats a quick summary of my thoughts....
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited July 2009
    sigh i wish you guys did this about a 2 years ago.....I have 3 level 80's right now. been off line for 3 months do to deploying over seas.
    edited July 2009
    We are glad you are back! Have you checked to see if you can transfer to our server?
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited July 2009
    cant atm currently a advisor to the GM of my current guild. and i dont like splitting up my toons, do to the way my professions interact.

level 80 mage Herb/inscriber
    level 80 priest alk/jc
    level 80 druid enchanter/miner

mage is my best geared, when i left most stuff from 25 man naxx
    druid is mostly geared from NAXX 10 man
    priest is a miss match of NAXX 10/25 man gear

i will tell you running naxx 4 times a week with malay/os raids with uldar mixed in was tiring at the end.
    edited July 2009
    Ok, trying to get my account reinstated, but Blizzard is being very slow about it. SHOULD be back in sometime this weekend, don't know if they will give me my characters, gear, and gold back though. Not that the previous sentence matters, I am probably going to start a completely new char.
    edited August 2009
    My account is now active again; I shall be playing daily again for a while.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    If you start a new toon and want an invite.. hit me up if I am on.
    edited August 2009
    toon not tune

<3
    edited August 2009
    Thanks.... you could have at least sent me a mail that you were leaving.
    edited August 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Thanks.... you could have at least sent me a mail that you were leaving.

I havent really left. Just went on vacation ;)

Life and WoW
    edited August 2009
    Sigh..... the guild fatcat, you left the guild.
    edited August 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    I havent really left. Just went on vacation ;)

Life and the Guild
    edited August 2009
    No, I got them to restore all my characters, minus some mats, gold, and gear.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I started an Orc Warrior named Gisk, but it says I am still considered a trial account for a couple days until the upgrade goes through.... I got a lot of studying to do though so I probably will be online anyways lol
    edited September 2009
    I'm back doing heroics btw, YOU LAZY ASSES GET TO LEVEL 80!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Anyone still play? Can I join the guild?
    edited September 2009
    RWB wrote:
    Anyone still play? Can I join the guild?

Ryder and I will most likely be on during the day today. Add Aquon and Despe to your friends list so you know when we are in game and send us a whisper and we will add you to the Guild

:rockon:
    edited September 2009
    RWB is in the guild :)
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Kordis here RWB. Welcome to the guild.
    My char is Blood Elf/Paladin lvl 49 at the moment and movin up.
    Should hit lvl 50 today.
    So,I'm workin on it fatcat.
    I'll make note of what your char name is and add it to my friends list.
    edited September 2009
    Just a note to Hawk and RWB.

Aquon (me) and Despe (fatcat) have left the guild. We received an invite from a slightly larger guild who will be starting raids on Naxxramas this week. We are going to "check them out" and possibly recommend merging the 2 guilds.

Icrontic is still in tact and my Alt toon "Grumork" is the new Guild Master. You can still message either of us in game, just make sure we are on your friends list, we just will not appear in the guild listing.

You may also want to add Grumork, so you can easily mail if you need anything guild related.

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Well, Guess I'm out too.
    There's no sense staying in a guild that has no one playing.
    I've pretty much solo'd to lvl 54 so far.
    Thnx Ryder and fatcat for your time when I had questions or when I needed help here and there..
    I realize you were going out of your way to help a low lvl member/char.
    I'll catch you in game.
    Haven't played for 3 days. Actually got some work that kept me busy.