Are we gonna let XtremeSystems pass us?

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Folding@Home
Three weeks roughly is what we've got before XS passes us. They have 80-ish active members and we've got 120 or so. I think we can out produce them. Please push your systems, recruit new friends, hijack idle systems, and lets give them a race.

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Ya buddy man up, go buy a 9800GT and fold on it. There isn't anything we can. It would take the entire group increasing by 6k to stop it, did you look at their 80ish active members because I saw 100k+ members.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, they've got some heavy hitters.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited May 2009
    I'm seriously considering it. . .
    edited May 2009
    considering what making a million point farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I do over 9000 points/day with just a video card, whats the problem with the rest of you guys?
    edited May 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    considering what making a million point farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making a mATX computer with a 9600GT with my old AMD 64 chip for my dad and using it as a extra folder... if I can do that I can boost my overall folding to 10k ppd.
    edited May 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    I do over 9000 points/day with just a video card, whats the problem with the rest of you guys?

My 4870 only does ~2500 :[
    edited May 2009
    Get hold of a GSO or just fork over the money for a GX2 and add 10k.
    edited May 2009
    We should (if there is not already) create a guide to making the cheapest but most powerful F@H machine guide. Just an idea to help people thinking of getting multiple machines up.
    edited May 2009
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79806 I think that is a good starting place, pretty solid 10k. All it really takes is looking at sales and craigslist for the video card.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    DrLiam wrote:
    We should (if there is not already) create a guide to making the cheapest but most powerful F@H machine guide. Just an idea to help people thinking of getting multiple machines up.

Q6600 with dual 9600GSO's

add $100 if you want 9800GX2
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited June 2009
    Next time I build a computer, I will put this one to 24/7 folding with 2 9600GSO's

I will try and recruit some more friends :)

I got Randomguy33 folding. Now I'll try to get Liam folding with his 4870X2 :D